Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I also didn't realise Bobby Dailly had a trial at Dundee prior to ending up at Saints and featured in their pre season friendly against Peterhead...

I guess Gary Bowyer isn't mates with his dad.

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm paranoid now but I immediately tried to find out if Alan Preston is his agent. 

Ex Millwall, is he not? Gary Rowett recommendation and pals with his Dad. If Preston is his agent, then that's the full house. 

44 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I also didn't realise Bobby Dailly had a trial at Dundee prior to ending up at Saints and featured in their pre season friendly against Peterhead...

If you go back far enough I’m sure Ludo put a post in here about him. Could’ve been quite a while ago though 

1 hour ago, low-life said:

Would be surprised if his dads not just looking after him at the moment. Not really any need for him to have an agent. He was with United for a bit as well. 

Did his father during his playing days conduct his own deals and never had an agent?

23 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

🫤 Not a Motherwell fan but I don't think that was the only reason. 

Is this another one of his talking shit moments?

Someone on twitter already posted it but Alexander seemingly won 3 of last 18.

By Davidsons logic if he'd have won one less and missed Europe he'd still be in a job. 

I can see us struggling to a draw here. It’s only going to continue piling pressure onto Davidson, who might be left wondering if we’re going to follow suit.

44 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

🫤 Not a Motherwell fan but I don't think that was the only reason. 

Is this another one of his talking shit moments?

This is the line that was being spun later on last season - the European games derailed our whole season and Davidson was actually a victim of his own success. It was a pretty obvious attempt to rewrite history at the time, this slots in nicely with it. 

Of all the shit he talks, the fact he's repeated his claims about there being good stuff last weekend is about the worst. 

Yes, his centre backs weren't dreadful given the pressure we were under but we offered absolutely nothing to the game in a positive sense. 

His standards are non-existent. 

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Someone on twitter already posted it but Alexander seemingly won 3 of last 18.

By Davidsons logic if he'd have won one less and missed Europe he'd still be in a job. 

His record since January was 5 wins in 23 games (only 4 wins from 23 in 90 mins).

There was a fair bit of chat about Alexander over on our thread yesterday after a statement was released on his behalf by the LMA in England. The consensus is pretty much that he's salvaged a fair part of his reputation by leaving when he has.

Davidson's right in so much as the Sligo games cost Alexander his job but it was very much a "final straw" situation.

Burrows was keen to point out that while the board were planning to discuss the manager as a result of getting bodied out of Europe it was actually Alexander that came to the board last Friday AM and it was that conversation that expedited his leaving and it's definitely a mutual decision rather than a straight up sacking.

The word of the day last Friday was "toxicity" in so much as it was apparently the toxicity towards Alexander from the fans that prompted him to mutually consent. Which is fair enough, he'd clearly realised that he'd run out of road and it was pretty sensible reputation management on his part.

Tbh, I'm not sure that the Motherwell fans reaction was any more "toxic" after Sligo than the reaction from Saints fans after Kelty but it seems like Davidson's been more willing to dig in while Alexander's definitely seen the bigger picture and realised that he'd no room left to manoeuvre (possibly even with the board).

It's been interesting reading the parallels between Alexander with us since January and Davidson with you guys since...actually I've no idea how long it's been.

Edited by capt_oats