Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

31 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If we come out of the St. Mirren game and still have for example 1 point they won't let it continue? Surely?!

He will be given until the first round of fixtures are completed in October. The board rightfully or wrongly will want to give him at least a full turn. After this weekends game, you'd expect we will pick nothing up until the St Mirren game at the earliest. Its unlikely, but nor beyond the possible, that we pick up at least 6 points in September.

To your point, it then makes sense to me, Brown etc are going to be of the same thinking, see out those 3 games in September and if we are in the shit by then, pull the trigger.

On paper, if you look at it, we've only lost one in 90 mins in 5 competitive games and even that was a later winner while we were down to 10 men. Absolutely covers many cracks, but it also give Davidson ammunition when arguing for his job with a Chairman who isn't around to witness the performances. 

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Hopefully he does well. 

Folk still fuming about it on Twitter I see. 😴

Folk are reacting negatively to everything because Davidson has sucked any joy and positivity out of supporting the club. 

47 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Folk are reacting negatively to everything because Davidson has sucked any joy and positivity out of supporting the club. 

He absolutely has. The thought of going to a match now is miserable ⏏️

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Be interesting to see just how many travel on Saturday

I'm going 😬

Didn't pay much attention at the time but were the first couple of roles closed off?

If so, not many have decided they're going so far!! If they weren't, thats probably not to bad considering!

Screenshot_2022-08-03-17-31-34-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Be interesting to see just how many travel on Saturday

I’ve backed out, only because I needed to have stuff done to my car and I’ve a couple of family events this month that are costing a fortune. 

Others might just pull out based on footballing purposes.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I’ve backed out, only because I needed to have stuff done to my car and I’ve a couple of family events this month that are costing a fortune. 

Others might just pull out based on footballing purposes.

Thats also going to be a consideration of many football fans, especially those having to watch poor stuff. 

Everything has gone up and continues to do so. The football has as well and somethings got to be missed out for many! 

If the choice is no car... or no Saints games, Its an easy choice right now

No chance I'm spending money on fuel, tickets and food to watch the shit being served up by Davidson's team. Dumfries was the final straw for away games for me until something changes.

My son has refused to go to any games since dumfries, as "we're rubbish and the football's boring, as we don't try to attack or pass the ball". Wise words from an 8 year old. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

No chance I'm spending money on fuel, tickets and food to watch the shit being served up by Davidson's team. Dumfries was the final straw for away games for me until something changes.

My son has refused to go to any games since dumfries, as "we're rubbish and the football's boring, as we don't try to attack or pass the ball". Wise words from an 8 year old. 

I’ve been this way for months. 150 mile round trip only to sit in silence all the way home raging isn’t floating my boat at all. Last away game was Tynecastle when we got pumped and I’ve been to 2 home games since. I bought tickets for the playoff games and couldn’t bring myself to travel so I sat in the house with a carry out for both games. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm going 😬

Didn't pay much attention at the time but were the first couple of roles closed off?

If so, not many have decided they're going so far!! If they weren't, thats probably not to bad considering!

Screenshot_2022-08-03-17-31-34-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Aye, tickets for the front rows weren’t available 

Looks like we’ll be the only ones there 🤣