Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why have the Hibs fans made this up in some weird bid to defend Porteous?

They've repeated the lie enough for it to become believed. It's quite a weird one. 

Hes not wrong.  The amount of player gong down down for sod all after the red was nothing short of pathetic.   Your defender went down for 5 minutes after heading the ball :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hes not wrong.  The amount of player gong down down for sod all after the red was nothing short of pathetic.   Your defender went down for 5 minutes after heading the ball :lol: 

So is it with 10 men or was it the " ENTIRETY" of the game? Which was it. I can't keep up.

Forgive me for not believing anything Hibs fans say. Especially since very few of them are willing to admit even the obvious that Porteous is complete moron. Media conspiracy etc 😴

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

So is it with 10 men or was it the " ENTIRETY" of the game? Which was it. I can't keep up.

Forgive me for not believing anything Hibs fans say. Especially since very few of them are willing to admit even the obvious that Porteous is complete moron. Media conspiracy etc 😴

Davidson is even more of a moron if not more.   He rightly went off as he got off with one right before half time.

The time wasting and utter shan fest of football you boys played at home to a poor Hibs team must be very miserable.

Your players went down all game.  Murphy especially.  30 mins after the red card was happening every 2 mins. 

I never mentioned any conspiracy either. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Davidson is even more of a moron if not more.   He rightly went off as he got off with one right before half time.

The time wasting and utter shan fest of football you boys played at home to a poor Hibs team must be very miserable.

Your players went down all game.  Murphy especially.  30 mins after the red card was happening every 2 mins. 

You’re spot on about our time wasting after the red card. It was absolutely embarrassing and another thing we wouldn’t have seen (or certainly not to such an obvious extent) in Saints sides of recent past.

Just another thing to add to the current list of embarrassments with our club really!

Porteous is a p***k though mind. He’s ‘at it’ out to con the refs more than most. There can’t really be any argument with that. 

1 minute ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

You’re spot on about our time wasting after the red card. It was absolutely embarrassing and another thing we wouldn’t have seen (or certainly not to such an obvious extent) in Saints sides of recent past.

Just another thing to add to the current list of embarrassments with our club really!

Porteous is a p***k though mind. He’s ‘at it’ out to con the refs more than most. There can’t really be any argument with that. 

Cant argue with that.  If Porteous was a Saint from Perth though you would love him. 

All the talk of who could be future manager is even more redundant, beyond the fact that Davidson won't be sacked, by the fact that anyone coming in will be totally hamstrung by the squad. 

Anyone in their right mind wouldn't take it, especially a young coach like Morris (not that he'd ever take it anyway). 

Let's say Davidson goes in Sept with us bottom on zero points, Why on earth would someone like Morris take over a team that will not only be near impossible to keep up, but also near impossible to exercise any future control over or 'shaping of', because not only will there be no budget for this year but there will be no budget for next year either because of the legions of aged/crocked dross we have on long term deals. 

There really is no hope for the club in the next two years, barring some kind of miracle (like we had before). 

Edited by FrankChickens1

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Really? I thought managerial vacancies were filled following fan polls on Facebook and Pie & Bovril.

Aye, my post didn't come across as I meant it to really.  What I wanted to say was Davidson needs sacked and the board needs to make that decision and the appointment the right manager.  

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You're just making stuff up now.

As for Porteous,  it's hardly a one off for him, he's a cheating moaning arsehole every time I see him play.

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Davidson was stupid to make the challenge.  He had plenty of time to realise he wasn't getting there and pull out.  It was still quite a soft red though, especially given your lad didn't get a red for his challenge on McGowan and what your CB got away with.  I can see why the ref went for a red though. 

Things I have never seen Muzz do though:

1. Roll around on the floor feigning injury. 

2. Deliberately try to get a fellow pro sent off.

Porteous does these things constantly. 

And no, I wouldn't love to have him at Saints.  He's not even a very good player. 

For me, the only way we find a central midfielder and a striker with the quality likely required at this stage is via loans. Not ideal but we need to prioritise quality over any long-term strategy if we are to compete this season. 

We've probably managed to find those sort of midfielders over the years at least. 

Every club in League One got a look at Daniel Phillips last season and none of them have taken a chance on him as a free agent. Is he really  going to have the sort of quality we need? We don't need another squad player. Indeed, the manager said he wouldn't be signing squad players. But then he says a lot of things... 

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I’d consider the likes of Craig Levein as DoF. Not to be anywhere near first team, just overseeing recruitment and everything else. There’s obviously a massive lack of direction behind the scenes that needs addressed.  He would be able to get players in and set up a scouting network.  It’s getting the right manager in to work under him.. Maybe Thomson or Stewart Petrie at Montrose, who has done a great job getting a team to perform above themselves.

Craig Levein's method of recruitment is to email all agents and ask 'got any interested players' or watch a YouTube compilation. We had a combination of total wildcard punts on 4 year deals and past it journeymen. See Juwon Oshaniwa, Loic Damour etc. He couldn't even secure good deals on selling players, see Aaron Hickey who's gone to Bretford for £18m and we got a £150k sell on fee.

if you want to become Falkirk then sign the dinosaur up. He managed to guide a club with a £10m+ income into the Championship.

Edited by Falcor Roar

Don't know much about Phillips but from what we can work out he's another hard tackling combative midfielder. 

Which immediately screams a Davidson signing. For the most part he much much prefers hard work and effort type players above players who show creative ability. 

So, not shocked at all that he's likely to be signed. 

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Craig Levein's method of recruitment is to email all agents and ask 'got any interested players' or watch a YouTube compilation. We had a combination of total wildcard punts on 4 year deals and past it journeymen. See Juwon Oshaniwa, Loic Famous etc. He couldn't even secure good deals on selling players, see Aaron Hickey who's gone to Bretford for £18m and we got a £150k sell on fee.

if you want to become Falkirk then sign the dinosaur up. He managed to guide a club with a £10m+ income into the Championship.

Aye but he taught Callum how to play without a recognised striker.

The absolute c**t that he is.

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

For me, the only way we find a central midfielder and a striker with the quality likely required at this stage is via loans. Not ideal but we need to prioritise quality over any long-term strategy if we are to compete this season. 

We've probably managed to find those sort of midfielders over the years at least. 

Every club in League One got a look at Daniel Phillips last season and none of them have taken a chance on him as a free agent. Is he really  going to have the sort of quality we need? We don't need another squad player. Indeed, the manager said he wouldn't be signing squad players. But then he says a lot of things... 

The central midfielder and striker are absolutely key signings and does anyone trust Davidson to get them right? Another reason for him to go now, so someone else gets the chance to pick those players.

7 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

All the talk of who could be future manager is even more redundant, beyond the fact that Davidson won't be sacked, by the fact that anyone coming in will be totally hamstrung by the squad. 

Anyone in their right mind wouldn't take it, especially a young coach like Morris (not that he'd ever take it anyway). 

Let's say Davidson goes in Sept with us bottom on zero points, Why on earth would someone like Morris take over a team that will not only be near impossible to keep up, but also near impossible to exercise any future control over or 'shaping of', because not only will there be no budget for this year but there will be no budget for next year either because of the legions of aged/crocked dross we have on long term deals. 

There really is no hope for the club in the next two years, barring some kind of miracle (like we had before). 

That's exactly why he has to go now. I honestly think that someone coming in that's allowed a a couple of signings of quality still has time to do something with what we have that might steer us to 10th. But it has to be right now. Dundee's mistake last year wasn't only the appointment but also the timing. You are right though in that it's entirely possible we'll be on zero points after the first month. 

I'm still holding out for a change soon (more hope than expectation), there's no way now the club have any comfort in the clear idiocy of folk like Spence's 'minority of keyboard warriors' nonsense. There is a strong, I'd say almost universal, fan opinion on this and the club aren't the best at listening to fans but it's the media now too.