Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm fairly convinced no matter who we sign it won't turn it around.

The issues are more engrained and won't be solved even if we do sign a good striker & midfielder. 

There's a clear mentality issue. You don't fail to beat the likes of Kelty, Annan & QoS and put out performances like Saturday if there isn't  wider problems. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

the September international break is the earliest we can hope for.

Said exactly this in the pub on Saturday, would be pleasantly surprised if it’s before that. What gives me the absolute fear is that by then, we’ll be eight games into the season having played all of those you’d expect to be around the bottom (bar possibly Livi, but I reckon they’ll be finishing miles in front of us)

Has anyone seen the chairman in the directors box at ANY of the games so far? Is he even in the country? Can a change even be made if he isn't?

I've been hoping but sceptical that he could turn it around, so in that regard could look at the World Cup or this September break but enough is enough, we can't leave it that long.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Has anyone seen the chairman in the directors box at ANY of the games so far? Is he even in the country? Can a change even be made if he isn't?

I've been hoping but sceptical that he could turn it around, so in that regard could look at the World Cup or this September break but enough is enough, we can't leave it that long.

Pretty sure I saw him at Dumfries 

I think, as sad as it is the fat ladies voice has been cleared and she’s away to belt out a shiter. 

From reading online the volume of fans turning on him is only increasing, he’s spent the summer building up a new plan, a new system and a new style. He’s still stating he’s 2-3 players away….Although there may be mitigating factors here such as wage demands or willingness to sign for the club, reluctantly the non-playing staff need to admit their part in the downfall. 

I was willing to give him the group games, and start the season, I’ve always said his futures dependent on how we’re sitting at the first international break. That’s shortened dramatically, Motherwells trigger finger has probably made most managers and chairman’s who are under pressure start to seriously consider if they stick or twist. 

The wheels came off the truck last season after the way McCann left, they just got them back on in time last season and we showed the gulf in quality between both the championship and premiership in the playoff when it mattered. But I just cannot see how he survives now. 

For me now, if the board do make the decision, we can’t just appoint someone for the sake of it. Most fans probably look at Liam Craig as a future manager - he’s not got the experience, and if Davidson goes I think Macca has to go too. So, who do you get? and I’m not asking that as a sarcastic dig to those who are currently yelling at their screens to sack him, but realistically who can we persuade to come into the club? 

And for f**k sakes, no it’s not going to be Tommy Wright.

4 minutes ago, ConcernedReferee said:

You won two cups in a season! 

Yes, and it sounds like we're being ungrateful but it's something that no Saints fan will ever forget or take for granted. 

I admit it sounds strange but the missed opportunity was to push on and put the club on a more secure footing, to invest in players, to create excitement in the town. What's happened / happening now with the 'football' on display and the refusal to adapt or change, the lack of engagement from the club (would you believe we've had no statements, at all, from our owners) and the frankly unfriendly demeanour of the manager, and the crazy 'that'll do' signings, the negativity like 'we've no right to be in the league'. 

The horrible truth is the joy of those two cups is being slowly sucked out of the fan base. 

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

Why not though? 

I just don’t see why we’d go back, after leaving us he didn’t set the heather alight at Kilmarnock, and as far as I’m aware hasn’t been linked with anything else. 

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I just don’t see why we’d go back, after leaving us he didn’t set the heather alight at Kilmarnock, and as far as I’m aware hasn’t been linked with anything else. 

It could come down to his financial position. Which is something I know nothing about obviously but if he's not financially secure to retire he'd jump at the chance you'd think?

Jody Morris would be first choice. Suits the profile of relatively young up and coming managers we give a first break to: Coyle, McInnes, Lomas, Davidson.  All been successes here.  Jody would surely be able to attract players. 

I’d also take Kevin Thomson. Probably not a popular choice, but he’d be hungry to succeed and progress, and should have a few contacts for players as well.

I’d consider the likes of Craig Levein as DoF. Not to be anywhere near first team, just overseeing recruitment and everything else. There’s obviously a massive lack of direction behind the scenes that needs addressed.  He would be able to get players in and set up a scouting network.  It’s getting the right manager in to work under him.. Maybe Thomson or Stewart Petrie at Montrose, who has done a great job getting a team to perform above themselves.

Would a young manager who is well known in England be wise coming up here and taking over a squad in this state? If I’m one of his advisors, I’m telling him to hold off until something a bit more stable comes along…

Kevin Thomson - I’d quite happily give that narcissist a miss. 

Edited by PSJ.84