Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Aye I don’t think it will happen either it seems a bit daft for Rangers to sign another 3rd choice goalkeeper just to let the current 3rd choice go out on loan.

I think Remi Matthews is all but a done deal on loan to Saints so can't see the McCrorie one being a goer anymore. 

We'll soon find out though

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton fans seem to rate him highly.

This late in the window and, presumably, the Walker deal falling through late on due to the Hemmings injury, means we were always a bit likely to be scrabbling about in a dodgy market.

Hes probably one of the better options.

Still 36 days in the transfer window. Clearly there is induced pressure from the earlier start to our league but doesn't mean it applies to any other team we want to deal with. 

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m hearing it’s Matthews & a former Hibs, Celtic, Dundee, Dundee United & Portsmouth player.

We're surely not signing Allan?

Have to punt at least one attacking midfielder if we are.

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Max away on loan will be one. 

Thought that may end up being the case. 

A good loan for Max + Crawford punted would be fine.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

A good loan for Max + Crawford punted would be fine.

I think a lot of people, including myself were seeing Max as the shining light of pre-season; however I don't think he's quite ready to be thrown in the deep end. It was probably based more on the rest of the options at the time being shite. I 6 month loan to the Championship would be ideal, somewhere like Inverness or even Arbroath where we can keep an eye on him from.

Crawford being punted would be ideal, as would O'Halloran. Neither are god enough and are only going to sit gathering a wage. Ideally we'd be bringing in a wing back to replace O'Halloran and another midfielder to take Crawfords spot. Spooney isn't far away from being in squads, albeit with no match fitness. Then it's just a keeper and striker that we need. 

Tommy Wright must look at squad building under Davidson's management and be baffled - he spent years publicly cajoling Brown to let him bring players in (may well have just been playing the PR game well...) and made a big play of recruiting based on character as well as ability...to this, where Davidson is throwing 2+ year contracts around like confetti and seemingly deciding he can't trust players brought in under his watch (is Cleary a Grieve signing?). Caveat that the Cleary thing isn't confirmed as I type.