Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes trying to get fans to say journalists need more access to Saints. Hes got literally no interest in actually discussing things, hes just wants a couple of fan comments to use to try and help himself.

Yeah agreed its quite transparent he's trying to offer up himself as a platform through which Davidson can save himself in fan eyes. Predictably he's embarrassing himself in the process.

53 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Yeah agreed its quite transparent he's trying to offer up himself as a platform through which Davidson can save himself in fan eyes. Predictably he's embarrassing himself in the process.

Its so tiring having to constantly defend the fact you dont agree we need 10+ over 30s in the squad, and would quite like to see some players in their mid-20s who can both contribute straight away and give us either long term service or a future fee.

Even in those comments youve got people attacking fans for being fussy because we dont agree with the transfer policy.

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is he actually going to play? Or a "B" squad signing?

I presumed him and Dailly were both potential signings for the latter. 

Not entirely where that leaves Dailly and Sandford now.

Is there a good reason we aren’t in the reserve league? I thought players like Eetu and Bair especially lost out with there not being anything below first team level last season. Means if players aren’t in the first team they basically just don’t play any games right?

On another note, this is welcome and seems a lot like a direct response to Frank Chickens post on here the other day about how there’s been no clarity about streaming etc for U.K. and overseas subscribers https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/live-streaming-update-season-20222023

If people from the club do read this forum, offering 5/6 minute highlights behind the Saints TV paywall on every Saturday night after a game would be a great way to make people feel like it’s worth the £7 a month..

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

If people from the club do read this forum, offering 5/6 minute highlights behind the Saints TV paywall on every Saturday night after a game would be a great way to make people feel like it’s worth the £7 a month..

Are full match reruns not still available? 

35 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Is there a good reason we aren’t in the reserve league? I thought players like Eetu and Bair especially lost out with there not being anything below first team level last season. Means if players aren’t in the first team they basically just don’t play any games right?

Aye you wonder where it leaves a few players.

What happens with Sinclair/Gilmour/Ballantyne/Max/Ferguson if they dont get near the first team but we cant find a suitable loan?

Then we've got Gallacher/Wotherspoon/Kane coming back from long term injuries, whats the plan for getting their match fitness back?

Edited by RandomGuy.

28 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

On another note, this is welcome and seems a lot like a direct response to Frank Chickens post on here the other day about how there’s been no clarity about streaming etc for U.K. and overseas subscribers https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/live-streaming-update-season-20222023

Yeah my complaint that the club hadn't told us expats/immigrants about what was happening to the league games is explained/justified pretty much entirely by the league seemingly just deciding today. 

Still more than a little miffed about having paid all summer to not get the league Cup games though and there being no advance warning. 

That alone probably doesn't justify my full rant, but I think also at the time of my previous posts I'd been out at a very, very, very long brunch. 

Hopefully Mark Guidi will let the local press ask the manager what the plan is for the development squad that he was talking about last week and has, presumably, just signed a player for.

Thr streaming thing, whilst not specifically on Saints, is a huge retrograde move. 

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hopefully Mark Guidi will let the local press ask the manager what the plan is for the development squad that he was talking about last week and has, presumably, just signed a player for.

Thr streaming thing, whilst not specifically on Saints, is a huge retrograde move. 

Is that your way of saying he's restricting what the press can & can't ask the manager? 😬

Sure he's not screening questions etc?!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Sounds like I might invest in international sub and a vpn this season....

https://twitter.com/StJohnstone/status/1551850469047377921?t=VQrvuTK23qN0RMNysG0M5A&s=19

Surprised to see no reserve league entry given we have 32 registered players with, you'd expect, at least two or three more to come. Might be the club feels they can get enough out either permanently or on loan I suppose.

I know it remains highly unlikely he’s re-signing for us bit it’s absolutely bonkers that the league start is just a few days away and Zander still hasn’t got a club. Has his agent absolutely shafted him? I saw the Stoke rumour doing the rounds in the papers again the other day but surely if that was happening it would have been done by now. Entire situation is bizarre! 

16 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I know it remains highly unlikely he’s re-signing for us bit it’s absolutely bonkers that the league start is just a few days away and Zander still hasn’t got a club. Has his agent absolutely shafted him? I saw the Stoke rumour doing the rounds in the papers again the other day but surely if that was happening it would have been done by now. Entire situation is bizarre! 

I think Zander's problem is that he has maybe left it a year or two too late to move down south. I know keepers play longer, but he is a virtual unknown to supporters and clubs (maybe not coaches etc) outwith Scotland, so it might put some off signing and 'unknown' who is in his 30's. I'm sure he is more than capable of playing for Stoke or whoever, but harder to show that playing entirely in Scotland.

Not much chance we re sign him, but as each day passes he doesn't sign elsewhere and we don't sign someone else, the liklihood increases. Of course, is Steve Brown saved a few grand on wages by not paying him for a few months, then they might be able to chuck a bit more his way that was on offer before. 

See what happens i guess, weird old career hes had and i can't remember him at Hamilton at all. Only remember thinking Luke Southwood was the good loanee they had.