Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Lee Erwin’s Finnish club has apparently turned down a 6 figure fee for him,oh big no! 

Digging online suggests it’s a Turkish side. 

Having said that…..if it’s the type of striker we’re looking at then we’ve given up.

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If we're in a market for a centre forward. It'll end up being McNulty. 

There’s one here I think will be likely - 

EC6D8939-B611-4006-AF9A-DF3FA7864246.png

Edited by mizfit

Any Saintees fan wanting a pick-me-up has to listen to the BBC Scottish Football Podcast previewing their season. Craig Bryson has you finishing in the top six because of all the great signings the club has made.

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Any Saintees fan wanting a pick-me-up has to listen to the BBC Scottish Football Podcast previewing their season. Craig Bryson has you finishing in the top six because of all the great signings the club has made.

Decent judge, he left you to come win a cup double, knows his stuff imo 😉

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Craig Conway, not Craig Bryson.

9 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Works best with Wotherspoon in the side but generally consistent. 

His double tackle in the cup final against Hibs is statue worthy and he displaced Tanser who's an absolute shitebag. So he's alright by me and welcome to marry my sister any day.

😂

Good mate of mine, top lad as well by the way.    I put £100 on him to score first goal in the cup final against Hibs, spoke to him the following day and he informed me he averages a goal every three years so that's the last I'm betting on him.

27 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Signing leigh griffiths would be like that time we signed derek riorden. 2 arseholes absolutely finished in the game. 

It wont ever happen, but if we did sign griffiths I am done. 

I think signing Griffiths would be the worst thing our board have ever done. The entire fanbase would instantly turn.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Breakdown of our league results under Davidson. 

IMG_20220725_084235.thumb.jpg.1aaa8a8aa1c0b30b5e7e9d4c157fcc38.jpg

Only scored more than once in 12/76 games.

How do you think the board / his boss assesses his performance? It must be at the stage where he just brings in a picture of him holding the 2 cups and points at it. 

Everything else is just utterly depressing reading. Lack of points, lack of goals, lack of shots on target, ridiculous turnover in playing staff, regularly booed off the pitch now. How much longer does this go on?

1 hour ago, Goran said:

How do you think the board / his boss assesses his performance? It must be at the stage where he just brings in a picture of him holding the 2 cups and points at it. 

Everything else is just utterly depressing reading. Lack of points, lack of goals, lack of shots on target, ridiculous turnover in playing staff, regularly booed off the pitch now. How much longer does this go on?

I feel a tiny bit more positive after Saturday. For me the first half was better and the football was played in the right manner but then let down by the lack of understanding of the situation required I think. 

I  terms of removing the manaher. It'll continue on, until there's no return. The club simply won't now to supporter pressure - is that a good thing? Maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Even 6-7 points adrift at Christmas won't tempt them to sack. It'll be when the position is not recoverable or potentially after a relegation is definitely confirmed. 

The issue we've now got that won't help the home form is from a player perspective being constantly boo'd won't help confidence. Especially for the players in the squad with more fragile confidence. (I'm not criticising the supporters, just pointing out a potential outcome). 

Also, Drey Wright. Is that him injured again or was the plan potentially to just give him 45mins to ease him in as part of his recovery?

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Also, Drey Wright. Is that him injured again or was the plan potentially to just give him 45mins to ease him in as part of his recovery?

Would imagine it was planned. Didn’t mention about an injury when interviewed by the BBC