Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

@Detroit67Apologies if youre neither and/or you never said these things, i dont listen to podcasts so i can only go off what people who have listened have said

I've no idea what was actually said, but I'm definitely going to have a strong opinion on it anyway. 

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Played quite regularly at As Nancy Last season, however I think they got relegated to the French 3rd tier due to the owner being dodgy. 

I mean, it’s an out there signing.

Played quite regularly at As Nancy Last season, however I think they got relegated to the French 3rd tier due to the owner being dodgy. 

Finished bottom of Ligue 2 with ex-Hearts diddy Daniel Stendel at the helm at the start of the season. Might be thinking of Bordeuax who finished bottom of Ligue 1 but got demoted to the 3rd tier for being a mess financially.

What a spectacular signing that would be. 

Is what I would say if I wasn’t a negative nancy. A 23 year old loanee who’s hardly played any first team football seems counterproductive to me. I’d rather we just bit the bullet and ran with Sinclair as our number one as he’s at least our player to develop, he can make his mistakes in the first team rather than out on loan. 

I’d have preferred us to sign a 32 year goalkeeper and 23 year olds elsewhere in the squad but hey, I’m not a football manager.

Edited by Kyle

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’d have preferred us to sign a 32 year goalkeeper and 23 year olds elsewhere in the squad but hey, I’m not a football manager.

I can think of someone else that applies to, but he’d never admit it.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Call me a cynic but...

Saints have a keeper' in training with the squad and linked with signing. Hours later we're linked with another goalkeeper out of the blue who just so happens to be represented by the agency Alan Preston works for....

Coincidence...? 🤔

It'll definitely be just a loan as well as he signed a new deal this summer. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Call me a cynic but...

Saints have a keeper' in training with the squad and linked with signing. Hours later we're linked with another goalkeeper out of the blue who just so happens to be represented by the agency Alan Preston works for....

Coincidence...? 🤔

Maybe we’re going to sign both and parish is going to announce that he is retiring after all and the last few games were just a wind up 

6 hours ago, Nold said:

I've no idea what was actually said, but I'm definitely going to have a strong opinion on it anyway. 

Welcome to the Internet. 

The guy on WAP who claimed we've fucked up and have spent the last week just asking every club in the UK if they've an available keeper serms to have nailed it.

In terms of our new keeper its now down to luck rather than design. 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The guy on WAP who claimed we've fucked up and have spent the last week just asking every club in the UK if they've an available keeper serms to have nailed it.

In terms of our new keeper its now down to luck rather than design. 

What is actually going on at St Johnstone? It seems there are several employees just winging it. That's fine when you have a core that actually know what they're doing but when it's everyone in recruitment as well as everyone in the first team coaching staff, that's a problem.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What is actually going on at St Johnstone? It seems there are several employees just winging it. That's fine when you have a core that actually know what they're doing but when it's everyone in recruitment as well as everyone in the first team coaching staff, that's a problem.

The recruitment side seems to be Callum Davidson, Scott Boyd whos only off pitch experience before us was selling hoardings at Raith, and Ian Flaherty, former Cowdenbeath assistant manager and salesman at Binn Skips.

Its not hugely difficult to see why theres no middle ground for us between their initial targets (players who played in Scotland in the past), and the back up choice (absolute punts we've done no research on and who are just offered to the club).

Have we signed anyone this summer that doesn't look like they were an agent punt?

I am struggling to think of a single signing that looks like we've scouted / identified them in advance.

The jury is still very much out on January recruitment but at least it was an attempt to identify and bring in young players with upside. 

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Call me a cynic but...

Coincidence...? 🤔

Oh by no means am I calling it a good signing. It feels like a throw shit at wall and hope it sticks signing. 

I’d rather the Watford, but as people have pointed out it’s clear that “Biscuits” is back to offering us whatever shite he can hoping for money. Boys been absolutely delighted waiting to see what he can hand us this season and looks like it’s this keeper. 

14 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Replies to this should be interesting

Fucking hell. Is someone deliberately trying to f**k the Sainties up? This will take a decade to recover from. 
If I hadn’t seen this sort of farrago repeatedly at Dens over the last 40 years I struggle to accept it’s possible to sign such a collection of utter dross, and still you have Parish as your starting keeper. He is the second worse keeper we have ever had, only topped by Jack Hamilton. If you sign him, the mind boggles. 

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Hours later we're linked with another goalkeeper out of the blue who just so happens to be represented by the agency Alan Preston works for....

Had to double check this to believe it, when in reality I shouldn't have needed to. 

Are folk really continuing to claim this isn't an issue and mocking those that have pointed it out? 

We are being negligent as a support by not agitating more here?