Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Another one for the amateurish pile is that the away kit announcement said it would be available for preoder early this week, yet the OS has nothing. 

On the plus side hopefully my small interest in buying it will have run out before its possible to do so, saving me a few quid. 

Suspect the SOD chat is wishful thinking after seeing him on the bench. Hes still captain there and id be surprised, and a bit worried, if we were the best move he could get.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect the SOD chat is wishful thinking after seeing him on the bench. Hes still captain there and id be surprised, and a bit worried, if we were the best move he could get.

Possibly, although I've absolutely no reason to doubt the person who told me this, as I know where he got the info from. Won't say any more than that!

It may well not happen, but us and st mirren are definitely interested. 

22 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Possibly, although I've absolutely no reason to doubt the person who told me this, as I know where he got the info from. Won't say any more than that!

I doubt we'll sign him, we have Ryan Strain and Marcus Fraser who play in his position.

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

It would be a great signing.

I just cant see why Motherwell would sell him, nor why he would be interested in us.

A niggle that him being dropped by Motherwell/Scotland, and potentially being sold by Motherwell, suggests hes returned to the bottom half jobber he was before Clarke appeared.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I doubt we'll sign him, we have Ryan Strain and Marcus Fraser who play in his position.

Ryan Flynn can play there too.

I don't see it myself, although the "Motherwell connection" gives it a shred of credibility.

I see everything is going well.

Slightly mad that Drey Wright, who should have been an underwhelming but acceptable acquisition, is looking like being our best signing of the summer. And the only one made with the slightest bit of long term thinking in mind.

How much are we paying Callum Davidson to basically spend the summer signing players offered to him by agents or that he’s already heard of on the transfermarket free agent listing? And then spend the season playing the same shite system the same way in every single game without the slightest bit of tweaking for the opposition we’re up against or, y’know, our dreadful form? Are we basically paying him to make the decision each week on whether it’s a striker and a winger out of position or a striker and two wingers up top? 

On that last point, make no mistake that any hopes about the likes of Murphy being good for us will be gone after a handful of games where he’s playing as a striker watching the ball go over his head or punted at his chest. 

Heads gone. Very glad to have plans tomorrow which mean I’m not either considering the 7 hour round trip to Perth or sat at home being annoyed that Elgin manage to stream their home games yet we can’t. 

6 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

An Aussie is in the building 

You know, i briefly gave myself hope it was Callum Timmins as id completely forgotten Ryan McGowan was a thing.

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

If the plan is for sinclair to go on loan for a season then come back and hopefully be number one then bringing this guy in on loan this season, after 24 games in EFL1 last season looks not a bad move against some of the names touted? An interesting one!

Edited by John Bonham

It doesn't look like his time on loan at Gillingham went very well last season...

Take what you will from this one stat in isolation but looking at it he played 24 times for Doncaster & Gillingham in league One last season and conceded 46 goals?! 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

On 17/07/2022 at 19:55, RandomGuy. said:

Knowing we needed a new keeper for 7/8 months then ending up with a 25yo loanee we've no chance of having long term is very Davidson, so it sounds like a go-er.

Edited by RandomGuy.

See Dahlberg is contracted until 2025 at Watford so they must have at least some hope for him. 

Sign him up, Davidson. The first remotely interesting player we’ve been linked to all summer. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

See Dahlberg is contracted until 2025 at Watford so they must have at least some hope for him. 

That whole "group" of clubs (Watford/Udinese/Granada) seem to just stockpile players, hand them long deals, and send them on endless loans until they either become good enough for one of the 3 or can be sold for profit so im not sure the contract length points at too much.

Even if hes shite its a better signing than a guaranteed failure like Jack Hamilton, or a pointless loan like McCrorie, so f**k it. Hes not Parish too and the club are clearly getting desperate.

Edited by RandomGuy.