Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I'd have thought GMS would be a decent signing for you guys, 31 with decent pedigree and played a lot of games for Hearts last year.

Anyway, never mind your team, the important issue is, who are you all voting for, Sunak or Truss?

We already have O’Halloran, Wright, Wotherspoon, Murphy, Carey, Crawford and Kuchieravyi  who can play in the wide positions, and 5 of them are over 30. We also have 1 fit striker (Stevie May, who’s managed about 4 goals in his last 65 matches or something equally ridiculous) and no competent goalkeepers. GMS would be fine in isolation but it’s quite literally the last kind of player we need. 

Edit: fair chance the tweet is a wind up given the above and the general mood in the camp at the moment, to be fair. 

Edited by Kyle

My optimism is beginning to grow for the season ahead.

Hibs, then st Mirren and now Motherwell all emerging potentially at our level.

Roll on the battle of the low scoring, non-chance creating disillusioned fan based bottom feeders.  I really do feel we can make 4th bottom our own this season.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

My optimism is beginning to grow for the season ahead.

Hibs, then st Mirren and now Motherwell all emerging potentially at our level.

Roll on the battle of the low scoring, non-chance creating disillusioned fan based bottom feeders.  I really do feel we can make 4th bottom our own this season.

That would be the single greatest achievement in our history. 

1 minute ago, Nelly78 said:

Fallen out with Alexander supposedly. Was on the bench tonight. 

I would be surprised if this came to pass but you never know, there may be something in it.  We've brought in Paul McGinn who is basically a like-for-like player, and young Max Johnston probably deserves a chance, he's certainly highly rated.

He's never really been a player I've been overly fussed about but a couple of games at the end of last season where we changed shape a bit were notable for his improvement.

30 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I would be surprised if this came to pass but you never know, there may be something in it.  We've brought in Paul McGinn who is basically a like-for-like player, and young Max Johnston probably deserves a chance, he's certainly highly rated.

He's never really been a player I've been overly fussed about but a couple of games at the end of last season where we changed shape a bit were notable for his improvement.

Guess it depends on his wage as well. 

If there's a replacement in Mcginn & a young prospect on the edges of the team. If then O'Donnell is on a reasonably big £££ the manager may feel that wage can be better used to strengthen elsewhere in the squad. Who knows though.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe