Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What a bizarre signing strategy. A real opportunity to take stock after the near miss of last season, reset and rebuild.  And here we are plodding on with the exact same formula. 

If this was 20 years ago you’d be thinking the manager was taking bungs from agents to dish out ‘lucrative’ contracts to their ageing clients.

The board have been negligent as well here. There should have been conversations about the need to look after the long term wellbeing of the club, as well as the upcoming season.

I hope it works out, I hope it’s all part of a masterplan and it clicks into place and all the worry is for nothing.

We really are going to have to get off to a good start in the league to reduce the pressure though.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm confused. Does CD think that signing twenty wide attackers will negate our need for an actual striker?

Its bizarre if true.

To me we now have Carey, Murphy, Wotherspoon, Crawford, Max and GMS competing for 2 positions.

And i think we all know which one gets the least amount of chances to find form.

Edited by RandomGuy.

He’s played MOH, Middleton and VSO up front quite consistently and they were all wingers. I’m not sure he can distinguish the difference between a winger and a striker. 

Completely random question but rank these keepers please:

Alan Main, Peter Enckelman, Kevin Cuthbert, Alan Mannus & Zander Clark.

Just interested to see where Clark would rank amongst your more well known keepers over the past 15 year or so.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Completely random question but rank these keepers please:

Alan Main, Peter Enckelman, Kevin Cuthbert, Alan Mannus & Zander Clark.

Just interested to see where Clark would rank amongst your more well known keepers over the past 15 year or so.

Main 

Mannus 

Enkleman 

Clark 

Cuthbert

Everything at the club has felt half arsed for years, even through the success on the pitch, be it season ticket sales, maintenance of the stadium, getting a half decent pitch, updating the website, things as basic as injury updates to keep fans informed; it all feels incredibly amateur and that the media operation at any rate is run by school children.  This attitude must permeate from the top and our transfer policy is now following the half arsed, "that will do" approach.  If Brown has lost interest as seems likely, where are the people he appointed to undertake the work for him?  The only thing we have heard from Ian Flaherty are what sounded to me like exaggerated claims about season ticket sales.  What is the vision for the club?  What is the plan?  Do we even have one?  We are burning through cash and once the inevitable relegation comes it is going to be some time until we recover from it, if we even want to do that.  The perception persists that we are a "well run club", that simply can't be said any more and each deal we hand to an over the hill player that was good in 2014 just adds to that narrative.  Davidson should have gone months ago and is a part of the overall malaise but why are the club allowing it to happen?  It's wilful neglect and it's very painful to watch continue.  

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

Wonder if Brian Graham is about ready to sign for us now? Ticks a few of our requirements wonder if we could meet his wage demands though and entice him from Partick.   

He signed an extended deal there like 2 weeks ago and works for their womans team.

Just need a Hallberg injury now.

Parish

Wright - Brown - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

MacPherson - McGowan - Crawford

May - Murphy 

Top six here we come.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly would rather have been relegated, and gotten a new manager will to give the younger players some freedom to play.

Exciting youth now flowing through this Dundee side, with a competent manager, happy days, all the best in your turmoil.

Josh McPake 'targeted' by Dundee on loan transfer as Rangers midfielder Ben  Williamson is also wanted | Flipboard

Thank you.

I'd have thought GMS would be a decent signing for you guys, 31 with decent pedigree and played a lot of games for Hearts last year.

Anyway, never mind your team, the important issue is, who are you all voting for, Sunak or Truss?