Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The only areas I can see us investing in now is a GK & maybe a centre forward.

Potentially an outside chance of a central midfielder but doubt it.

We've made our move for Drey wide right with 3 in the squad to play on the left side I can't see us bringing anyone in there (+ Brown). 

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Alternatively, you play the back 5 and Considine plays centrally, but deeper. I think he adds something to the side, but we cannot have him chasing a player that has gone by him as he'll never get there, but he does bring some organisation and is better with the ball at his feet than any of our other CD options. 

I don't think you can prevent any of our CBs ending up defending against runners into channels tbh. No matter where Considine plays his lack of mobility will be exposed.

Can’t believe the 35 year old who hasn’t played for a year is no longer able to run to very fast. Thankfully we didn’t just hand him a long contract without doing our due diligence first. 

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can’t believe the 35 year old who hasn’t played for a year is no longer able to run to very fast. Thankfully we didn’t just hand him a long contract without doing our due diligence first. 

Someone mentioned the other day it was a 1yr deal with an "option" for a 2nd.

Hopefully that's true and the club can deny a 2nd year.

If what I've just heard is true, the average age of our squad may well be going up again soon. Another 30+ year old defender with that all important "Scottish Premiership experience" rumoured to be close to signing.

This summer's recruitment continues to have the stench of 2001 Falconer/Kemble/Jackson, and we all know how well that ended..... 

41 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Maybe Jim kent fit he was doing?

Dodged a bullet?

29 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

If what I've just heard is true, the average age of our squad may well be going up again soon. Another 30+ year old defender with that all important "Scottish Premiership experience" rumoured to be close to signing.

The Twitter comments on that announcement would be absolutely sensational. 

34 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

This summer's recruitment continues to have the stench of 2001 Falconer/Kemble/Jackson, and we all know how well that ended..... 

Ryan McGowan? Quicker than Muzz,but any better passer??

If it's Ryan McGowan, he's absolutely gash. Got an easy time from Dundee fans because he wasn't Ryan Inniss (god knows how he's actually went on to have a half decent career in football) and posted lots of stuff on social media which was utterly fake but 'showed he cares'.

Dearie me.

Youd have thought at some point over the past 5 windows Davidson wouldve realised its easier when youre not having to sign an entire line up every window, yet here we are, still making signings for the short term.

More interested in saving his job than anything long term, which will ironically cost him his job, as its impossible for clubs at our level to nail every signing but thats the position hes put us in.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If it's Ryan McGowan, he's absolutely gash.

You can have Dylan as well. A 2 for 1 deal on the brothers Grimm if you like.

Edited by C4mmy31

In a statement issued by St Johnstone, Head Groundsman, Chris Smith, suggested that manager Callum Davidson’s immediate future is secure. Describing maintenance work recently carried out on the club’s McDiarmid Park pitch, Smith said, “It’s coming along really nicely which means by winter there will be a good surface for Callum and the boys to be training on.”

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is this potential McGowan signing a kneejerk replacement for Cleary after Clearys heads gone against Annan?

Davidson: "I can no longer trust him" 🤦‍♂️

That was my thought as well. He just has to “lose trust” in Bair, then he’ll have a whole team of players he trusts and no Grieve signings left. Shame it’ll be a fucking shite team which is guaranteed relegation though. 

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The only areas I can see us investing in now is a GK & maybe a centre forward.

Potentially an outside chance of a central midfielder but doubt it.

We've made our move for Drey wide right with 3 in the squad to play on the left side I can't see us bringing anyone in there (+ Brown). 

The injured Drey Wright!? What a signing he's been so far