Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I agree with the previous post (was thinking the same about the 2019 league cup yesterday too). We've got a lot of 6/10 performers and a couple of highlights who are surely at a good enough level to squeak a top 6 (Hallberg, Caret and Murphy seem to be those), a few that could be (Cleary, Mahon. MacPherson(??), Brown, Wright) and Kane and Spoony returning from injury. We also have what looks like a real prospect in wee Max and but I think even to finish 10th we're short of a GK, CDM and striker and they need to be really good quality recruits. 
I've decided not to go to Elgin. I can't remember the last time I actively chose not to go to an away cup game at a ground I've not been to before. 
As the old saying goes the best time to plant a tree was last year, be next best time is now. Kelty was when he should have gone but if we act now then at least someone coming in would get some of the window. It just won't happen though and I really hope we're all wrong. 

Top 6! Ha ha ha.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Listening to the Sportsound podcast from today and it's about St. Mirren. 

They're talking about how publicly critical Steven Robinson was about the players. "Chucking players under the bus" was used. 

There's a definite comparison to be made with Davidson there. Both very critical of the players publicly with the poor results to match. 

Maybe Davidson should stop it...

To me there’s a slight difference though - Robinson did this to protect himself last season with a squad that was quite streaky to begin with and ultimately wasn’t his; whereas Callum is doing it with a squad that he built. 10 (not including Max) of the 15 that that played on Saturday, were signed by Davidson. That screams huge alarm bells to me

23 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

To me there’s a slight difference though - Robinson did this to protect himself last season with a squad that was quite streaky to begin with and ultimately wasn’t his; whereas Callum is doing it with a squad that he built. 10 (not including Max) of the 15 that that played on Saturday, were signed by Davidson. That screams huge alarm bells to me

I was Just thinking about it on a more basic level. 

Upsetting people probably doesn't bring you good results 😂

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A 4-0 win tonight then Zander Clark rejoining tomorrow.

You wonder what that would do for the support.

Nothing much to make of a four nil. It's only glorified pre season and is just about fitness/minutes remember...

And Clark can come back as long as it's the Clark of last season.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Imagine making Clark the highest paid player in club history and we get the two year ago version?

Oaft.

What do we think was the reason behind the improvement in form?

Experience? Confidence? Maturity as a person? Being pushed hard by Parish?! 🤔😂

24 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

£££

That motivation to win that money spinning move. 

Not going very well so far for him. Mid July and he's still at home 😬

I guess we'll soon find out what's going on. Although when a player leaves to go elsewhere... I Don't really care where 🤷‍♂️.

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What was it at Easter Road last game of the season. £28? £30?

Doesn't really matter what other clubs charge.  The truth is Scottish football isn't nearly of sufficient quality to be charging more than £20.