Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I agree the players looked miles off it, which the manager himself acknowledged.

Surely he and the chairman need to question why that is? After the past year, it can't just be put down to a bad day at the office. 

Maybe because it hasn't really happened before in my memory but my overriding belief after Kelty (especially the reaction in extra time) was that the players aren't playing for the manager.

It looked like that again at the weekend.

Sadly, I've probably come round to the belief expressed by others that the chairman won't act until he has something almost tangible to base it on. So the hope (crazy use of that word) becomes that being detached at the bottom is enough and he doesn't need to see a relegation, or even worse a failed promotion attempt, to act. 

How do you come to terms with that possibility though? 

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He's definitely getting until his full strength first team is on the pitch. 

Problem is he probably doesn't know what that is and they'll more than likely get pumped.

Keeper

Wright - Cleary-Gordon-Mahon-Gallacher

Hallberg-McPherson

Carey-Kane-Spoony

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd wager it'll be that. That's relying on getting a keeper in and 3 long term injuries coming back and contributing. It also looks like a team that'll get relegated irrespective of whether they all stay fit or not. 

26 minutes ago, Widge said:

Keeper

Wright - Cleary-Gordon-Mahon-Gallacher

Hallberg-McPherson

Carey-Kane-Spoony

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd wager it'll be that. That's relying on getting a keeper in and 3 long term injuries coming back and contributing. It also looks like a team that'll get relegated irrespective of whether they all stay fit or not. 

I'm certain that Considine is his first choice over Mahon when everyone is fit.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

I'm certain that Considine is his first choice over Mahon when everyone is fit.

He 100% will be. Considine will have been told he is a starter most weeks. Reason he turned Aberdeens contract down, was in part due to him not being.

Strongest starting 11 in itself isn't horrific, but very weak beyond that and quite a few there of a certain age and/or a few injuries behind them.

My fear is that we will be cut adrift at the bottom before anything is rectifiable. I think Davidson will be given the first round of fixtures as a minimum. What we are really going to need is a team plodding along the bottom like Dundee did last season, but not so bad as they get a new manager in and get a bounce.

What will be absolutely key is that we take points off the other likely bottom 6 sides, Livi, County, St Mirren.

If I can find any positives (and it is a long shot), it is that we are maybe 2-3 really quality signings away from being passable and possibly the Max wildcard will be an advantage as from what I have seen of him, he is unpredictable and teams might take a bit of time to figure him out. 

Gut feel feel is that we will see another 2-3 arriving before the first league game and probably the same going out, either perminantly or on loan. 

If Davidson is given time at the start of the season,(of course he will, Bulletproof knows best). It's vital that he's jettisoned before January so a new management team get a window and some time to turn round the absolute shit show we're about to endure.

33 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Saints beat Dundee in a ‘B’ match today, 5-1.  Couple of first team players involved, 

We've got a game tomorrow so I imagine it'll have been our U17s you played with Gregory Vignal as manager.

34 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Saints beat Dundee in a ‘B’ match today, 5-1.  Couple of first team players involved, 

Scorelines are irrelevant in these games, its all about fitness...

6 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

This is a rumour I can get on board with.

It's not a rumour, we've signed his youngest brother for the youth teams. 

Listening to the Sportsound podcast from today and it's about St. Mirren. 

They're talking about how publicly critical Steven Robinson was about the players. "Chucking players under the bus" was used. 

There's a definite comparison to be made with Davidson there. Both very critical of the players publicly with the poor results to match. 

Maybe Davidson should stop it...