Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

I don’t defend the club on everything by any stretch. 
I think the general communication from the club leaves a lot to be desired, as well as promotion of matches, players, products, events etc.

For example, a lot of the negative press surrounding the state of the pitch could’ve been prevented had the club addressed it publicly prior to the recent games on it with a perfectly valid reason.

Likewise with the strips. While i wouldn't call it "negative press" re the strips and personally I don't care whether it's ready/not ready myself. Others evidently do care. 

Simple bit of communication of we aim to have the "home strip available to order early to mid July with the away available end of July" reduced the constant barrage of questions about it. 

Simple communication goes a long way rather than complete silence on any given subject. Although, it's difficult to appease every customer!

Guess we're getting the away top today? 
Seeing as we'll need it tomorrow.

If what I’ve been told is true, the clubs seriously going to have annoyed a lot of fans [emoji23].

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If what I’ve been told is true, the clubs seriously going to have annoyed a lot of fans emoji23.png.

Im actively hoping its not teal and magenta tbh.

32 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

I don’t defend the club on everything by any stretch. 
I think the general communication from the club leaves a lot to be desired, as well as promotion of matches, players, products, events etc.

For example, a lot of the negative press surrounding the state of the pitch could’ve been prevented had the club addressed it publicly prior to the recent games on it with a perfectly valid reason.

They did mention the pitch was behind due to play offs in the match programme, but not everyone buys one 

26 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Likewise with the strips. While i wouldn't call it "negative press" re the strips and personally I don't care whether it's ready/not ready myself. Others evidently do care. 

Simple bit of communication of we aim to have the "home strip available to order early to mid July with the away available end of July" reduced the constant barrage of questions about it. 

Simple communication goes a long way rather than complete silence on any given subject. Although, it's difficult to appease every customer!

Totally agree. The simple communication is low hanging fruit for the club. That we heard for the first time in ages from Scott Boyd in Sky and not via saints own media is a bit if a miss. As is some of the interviews with players.

Doesn't feel like the club has pushed kit or season tickets at all bar day one and repeat tweets about ST's. A lot of additional revenue being lost through inactivity. 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not sure that many would buy teal and magenta,just been a campaign led by doggers ,with little support imo 

Social media probably isn’t the best barometer but it seems that campaign in particular has had quite a bit of support

Not sure that many would buy teal and magenta,just been a campaign led by doggers ,with little support imo 

Would disagree tbh. Was a stand out kit in the 90’s. I think we’ve done well with unique away kits. I’m sure the Eses coloured ones were very popular. Most 30+ fans will remember the kit also.

5 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

If it's half and half I'll probably buy it. If its crazy modern stripes like some of the concept mockups that have gone about in the past I'll probably not 

Fucking hell

Would have preferred 'crazy modern stripes' 

Someone has fucked that up royally cos now even if they do a proper job of it in the future the load has been shot. 

What a waste of an opportunity 

Edited by FrankChickens1

I would have preferred them to try something less subtle and modern. You've got to go all-out with something like this. You can barely discern the teal. It looks alright though.

I was on Macrons site the other week and didn’t find many, if any Templated half & half kits. I think it’s a modern twist on it anyway. f**k it I’m all in on it.