Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Brown was apparently absolutely abysmal in the closed door Inverness game and has lost the trust of CD. Just one of those rumours but wouldn't be that surprising if true.

Would be an explanation for why he’s sitting on the bench whilst Gilmour is playing (poorly) at RWB.

3 players is the absolute minimum we need still IMO. Goalkeeper and striker are musts, we probably also need better options at right wing back and in the middle of the park. 

What a mess. 

33 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Brown had a slightly longer break due to being with Malta for the games at the end of the season. Still playing catch up on his pre season 

Wonder if this means he's unlikely to play 90 minutes on Saturday?

Be interesting to see who starts if they're unwilling to give him a full match.

Can't think of any other CB option so you're looking at a back four, but then who plays RB? Can't see us starting MOH in a back four, and Drey Wright is likely in a similar position as Brown in terms of fitness?

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder if this means he's unlikely to play 90 minutes on Saturday?

Be interesting to see who starts if they're unwilling to give him a full match.

Can't think of any other CB option so you're looking at a back four, but then who plays RB? Can't see us starting MOH in a back four, and Drey Wright is likely in a similar position as Brown in terms of fitness?

I think they will play Brown on the right hand side of the back 3 and play MOH at right wing back. Gilmour shouldn't be playing RWB and Davidson will be unlikely to play a back 4.

I'd expect Murphy to probably start. 

11 hours ago, Costanza said:

Brown was apparently absolutely abysmal in the closed door Inverness game and has lost the trust of CD. Just one of those rumours but wouldn't be that surprising if true.

This better be shite. The guy who played LWB very well the last couple of games and has a bad game and loses trust? Shite surely.

If it's true our manager has MAJOR trust issues.

14 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

Has everyone gotten emails saying strips will be delayed by three weeks?

13 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Nope, didn't order one though. Presuming it's in relation to your order?

This made me smile.

As Davidson won't change from a 3, I'd say Considine needs to move to the middle as he is too immobile to play left or right. I'd probably have Brown left and Mahon right CB currently.

I don't know why we are even trying to play with Considine outside the middle, it's a total non starter and any prem team with any pace will just boot the ball round him.

9 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think they will play Brown on the right hand side of the back 3 and play MOH at right wing back. Gilmour shouldn't be playing RWB and Davidson will be unlikely to play a back 4.

I'd expect Murphy to probably start. 

You'd think a team with Brown, Mahon, Considine, Montgomery, MOH, Hallberg, Davidson, Murphy, Carey and Bair would be as perfect a fit for a 4-2-3-1 type set up as you could get in terms of how each player plays.

Two no nonsense CBs. Right side you've got a direct winger in front of a defensive full back. Left side an inverted winger in front of an attacking full back. Midfield 3 of Muzz/Hallberg/Carey gives you a bit of everything and Carey can float in the middle.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd think a team with Brown, Mahon, Considine, Montgomery, MOH, Hallberg, Davidson, Murphy, Carey and Bair would be as perfect a fit for a 4-2-3-1 type set up as you could get in terms of how each player plays.

Two no nonsense CBs. Right side you've got a direct winger in front of a defensive full back. Left side an inverted winger in front of an attacking full back. Midfield 3 of Muzz/Hallberg/Carey gives you a bit of everything and Carey can float in the middle.

If you’ve a midfield 3 who are the 2 in your formation? 

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This one is obviously out of Saints control but surely you can't defend the club on every matter that has folk moaning?

Saints do do a lot right but they have latterly been doing a fair bit wrong.

I don’t defend the club on everything by any stretch. 
I think the general communication from the club leaves a lot to be desired, as well as promotion of matches, players, products, events etc.

For example, a lot of the negative press surrounding the state of the pitch could’ve been prevented had the club addressed it publicly prior to the recent games on it with a perfectly valid reason.