Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 hours ago, The Marly said:

His Dad's name is Jack.  Really nice guy, but different guy to the one you're thinking of.

There you go you believe someone is then about 25 yeas later you find out he is somebody else? where have i hears that before? 😄   

What a piece of business getting O’Halloran to sign a two-year-deal was

Blinked when St Mirren declared interest. Often wonder if he was on his way out until that happened.

A section of our support seem to genuinely think fans being negative is what caused us problems last season, and if we all just think happy positive thoughts everything will be fine this season.

12 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I find spending less time reading the negative pish on here helps.

You're not wrong.  Perhaps I'm just an idiot optimist but I don't think you can go through life supporting the likes of Saints being any other way. The alternative seems to be making yourself either depressed or in the end completely disengaging. 

I'm looking forward to the new season and I'm reasonably optimistic for a number of reasons. Since January our form would've been top 6 and despite a grim end Sep-Dec our defence was nowhere near the worst in the league, we are likely to see a drop off from Clarke and Rooney but our best players have invariably left every single season for the last 10/12 and we always adapt and move on successfully.

Admittedly our goalscoring and creativity was awful but now with Bair, Carey, May, Murphy as well as the return of Wotherspoon and Kane we have a variety of options. If you add Halberg to that list then we could potentially get by on set-pieces alone. Bair in particular seems like he'll be fun and will definitely not be here next season for either positive or negative reasons.  

Starting the season so far ahead of England will always be an issue as we have to wait until they've got their squads sorted before we know who is available (either out of contract and waiting on a better offer or surplus to requirements and available on loan) and i would fully anticipate 2/3 loan or free signings before the end of August. always hit and miss but chance of gem is still there. 

Finally, Motherwell, Ross County, St Mirren and to a less extent Livvy all look like they will struggle. Motherwell were garbage for huge swathes of last season and with Europe to deal with early could end up being in the situation we were last year. County were defensively dire and managed to ride the Charles-Cooke wave to safety and Top 6 - he's gone and extremely tough to replace. St Mirren may be okay but Robinson looked inept and they look like they will be starting the season without making significant improvements.  

It'll be okay.  One season I'll be wrong but optimism has paid off for the last 13 years so I'm sticking with it. :)

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Blinked when St Mirren declared interest. Often wonder if he was on his way out until that happened.

Surely must’ve been under consideration, at least. He scored two goals all season - he picked up the same number of red cards, also the same number of winners medals. Still had his moments - Killie away in August, Motherwell away in League Cup Quarter - but the signs were there. Two year deal baffled everybody at the time, seems even worse now

14 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Since January our form would've been top 6

I see this claimed constantly and have don't know where its come from.

Over final 20 games we sat 10th (21pts) with the 2nd highest amount of goals conceded, over the final 15 it was 8th (17pts) with the 9th most amount of goals conceded.

Where's this "top six form" come from?

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Motherwell were garbage for huge swathes of last season and with Europe to deal with early could end up being in the situation we were last year.

Agree with a lot of what you say but if I’m being pedantic,  I don’t think Europe will have much of an impact on Motherwell’s season - the same way it had very little impact on ours. We were out by the end of August and had only played four league games (in which we picked up 3 points). We also had the added advantage of our season starting 3 weeks later than the majority of teams.

Motherwell still have another 9 days until their season begins. They could be out before August even begins…

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see this claimed constantly and have don't know where its come from.

Over final 20 games we sat 10th (21pts) with the 2nd highest amount of goals conceded, over the final 15 it was 8th (17pts) with the 9th most amount of goals conceded.

Where's this "top six form" come from?

Weeks 31 & 32!

So we’re responsible for lumbering you with MOH for two years AND forcing a fee for Cammy Macpherson? [emoji1787]

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hold on here, no access to audio stream for season ticket holders? Is that right? I can't get along tonight but was hoping to listen to commentary.

Literally just noticed it says Saints TV subscribers and not season ticket holders.

Edited by RandomGuy.