Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Some climb down for Zander coming back if McNamara has fucked his move.

How so?°Story doing the rounds last night that he told family that there was no chance he would play against St.johnstone  and despite rumours of a £3.750pw 3 year deal from Utd he turned it down flat

Stoke have pulled out of any move with slight interest from Derby but they are a bit of a basket case just now  and finally strong stories about him resigning a 3 year contract worth 3k a week with Saints  none of thar officially confirmed anywhere but I heard it several times yesterday between game and a night our.Could all be shite but we will probably know tomorrow 

It those kind of stories are true it begs a question on the agents motives. If a player point blank does not want to sign for a club why is his agent continuously trying to get a deal from said club? 

Again, if true sounds like that's who the agent wants him to sign for rather than Clark himself!

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It those kind of stories are true it begs a question on the agents motives. If a player point blank does not want to sign for a club why is his agent continuously trying to get a deal from said club? 

Again, if true sounds like that's who the agent wants him to sign for rather than Clark himself!

Agents in general are a pain in the arse and looking for fees 

JMac in particular one of the worst 

From my very brief experience, agents are invaluable if you're a very average player and desperately trying to get a club, there seems to be a lot of work involved with very little reward as they try and hunt down every HOR at lower levels to try and make something happen.

I'm guessing that's why they go the other way once they have good players in their portfolio because it's their chance to make money, they'll you can't really blame Clark either if there's 5/6k a week on the table down south, and you can also argue that without an agent the rumoured interest from Stoke/Derby might not be there because he plays for Saints and is pretty unknown down south.

I would also say that he really doesn't need an agent for Dundee Utd to be interested, so if it's true about Jmc fucking him over then it's a shame and a move Zander could've engineered himself and gone without the hassle

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Surely you're not paying boys £3k a week?! :lol:

Rumours afoot that we’ve offered to pay Zander the most we’ve paid anyone, so the answer right now is presumably no. If he does sign on a massive contract tomorrow, then it may well be that we do. 

Here to help as always. :D 

2 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Story doing the rounds last night that he told family that there was no chance he would play against St.johnstone 

Like the sound of that so that’s what I’m believing 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Zander Clark making three grand a week in Scottish football is a disgusting thought. 

Was fat Charlie not on about £4k a week last season? Admittedly a great player in his day but crazy money for a guy who makes me look thin. 

Edited by Kyle

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Was fat Charlie not on about £4k a week last season? Admittedly a great player in his day but crazy money for a guy who makes me look thin. 

That's former Liverpool and Rangers player, fat Charlie to you sonny Jim.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Dundee paid a transfer fee for Jack Hamilton.

Hearts paid a transfer fee for Craig Within. We could do this all day but it'd be pointless.

On Clark, surely the Stoke option would be best for him if it's still on the table.

5 hours ago, double deluxe said:

With regards to January, we had to go get players that would keep us up rather than looking to replace the ones who were leaving in the summer.  Hard to negotiate pre contracts when we didn’t know what league we’d be in come summer

That's a fair point, but I think again the fact that we were in that position comes back to the poor summer window last year, which we are still paying for.

Re: Zander. I'm absolutely shocked at this state of affairs. Would have thought McNamara would have had a much better relationship with Dundee United!

Edited by Shipa

That's a fair point, but I think again the fact that we were in that position comes back to the poor summer window last year, which we are still paying for.

Re: Zander. I'm absolutely shocked at this state of affairs. Would have thought McNamara would have had a much better relationship with Dundee United!

Kinda hard to have a good relationship with a former club when your sacked in the groundskeepers office of McDiarmid tbh.