Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Thirdly, our lack of wingback on the right is criminal right now, time and time again that’s where the space was and yet we’ve got zero to take advantage. I suspect Wright would of helped that, but he’s no doubt injured and still not convinced he’s the answer. 

O’Halloran improved that after coming on - but should in no way be a long-term answer. Picks up good positions but I’m not overly convinced he actually wanted the ball. 

Considine looks like he’s lost a yard or 2 of speed which is not good, we can’t rely on others stepping in for him. However, he’s not going to start unless necessary I think. I hope.

Onto goalkeeping, It needs sorted before Tuesday, the fans have made their decision on Parish, but part of me wonders if Davidson wants to try and boost his confidence, it won’t work he looks done and should be number 3, or 2 if Sinclair goes on loan.

Midfield looks very good, strong and fast. Why hasn’t Melker been on free kicks before now? That was a decent one. Wee max is fast and causes issues, but is it too much for him already? Who knows.

Theo looks like he’s come back ready and he won everything in the air, got into a few positions and got his goal. I think he’ll end up a regular starter.

Now, if we can get confirmation on who number 20 was that would be lovely.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Considine looks like he’s lost a yard or 2 of speed which is not good, we can’t rely on others stepping in for him. However, he’s not going to start unless necessary I think. I hope.

Plenty of rumours Gordon is injured and is in a moon boot.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Certainly wasn’t in one when I saw him behind me today

That is very good news.

Plenty of rumours Clarks agent (McNamara) has fucked his move to United and they've pulled out.

Callum Davidson and Tommy Wright did this with a "development squad" before during their spell together and I think it yielded very little. Waste of time and money and merely kids folk like Wade Joyce, Mark Davies, Fisayo Adarabioyo etc... etc... on that they can have a full-time career in football. 

Focus on the academy. 

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That is very good news.

Plenty of rumours Clarks agent (McNamara) has fucked his move to United and they've pulled out.

According to the courier he wants to check out all his options. Utd might go for a guy from the A-League while he decides though.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3476587/dundee-united-eye-a-league-goalkeeper-of-the-year-amid-zander-clark-waiting-game/

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to Davidson, he does say it's more for the youth team. Lad is only 18.

Our youth team just won the Scottish Cup and drew with Civil Service Strollers senior team, I'm not particularly sure he should be getting parachuted in ahead of them.

I'd guess this is confirmation the reserve league is back and we're just trying to get numbers in to actually have a team to enter without emptying our actual youth team.

Had, stupidly, hoped one of the trialists was with a view of them competing for a starting spot, but looks like we're genuinely going with Davidson, Hallberg, MacPherson and Gilmour as CM options.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our youth team just won the Scottish Cup and drew with Civil Service Strollers senior team, I'm not particularly sure he should be getting parachuted in ahead of them.

I'd guess this is confirmation the reserve league is back and we're just trying to get numbers in to actually have a team to enter without emptying our actual youth team.

Had, stupidly, hoped one of the trialists was with a view of them competing for a starting spot, but looks like we're genuinely going with Davidson, Hallberg, MacPherson and Gilmour as CM options.

That doesn't mean every player in every position looks likely to making it through to the first team though! Worth a trial, surely? Not worth upsetting yourself over a youth trialist man.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That doesn't mean every player in every position looks likely to making it through to the first team though! Worth a trial, surely? Not worth upsetting yourself over a youth trialist man.

We have gaping holes of quality throughout squad with genuinely laughable amounts in CM, and we're wasting time looking at folk for a reserve side with a high chance they don't play for us at all, with the manager claiming we aren't looking for anyone beyond a goalkeeper to add to our squad.

About to start the season with Parish as first choice, 3 CBs for a 3 CB formation, no fit RWB, and 2 injuries away from having Charlie Gilmour as our only back up CM and no back up CF.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We have gaping holes of quality throughout squad with genuinely laughable amounts in CM, and we're wasting time looking at folk for a reserve side with a high chance they don't play for us at all, with the manager claiming we aren't looking for anyone beyond a goalkeeper to add to our squad.

About to start the season with Parish as first choice, 3 CBs for a 3 CB formation, no fit RWB, and 2 injuries away from having Charlie Gilmour as our only back up CM and no back up CF.

A good manager should be doing both admittedly.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A good manager should be doing both admittedly.

Pretty much.

I'll be ripped into by the happy clappies, but our squad is shit. We're completely reliant on two 33yo attackers not being shit, with one being a crock, a 22yo striker who's never played 90 minutes at this level, and a 20yo who's never played higher than League Two. We have nothing behind them as options.

A narrow win over Cove seems to have people ignoring this.

Edited by RandomGuy.

There is not a chance we are starting Parrish as number 1. Davidson reactions to a few of the mishandles says that and also a bit of a look between him and MOH when the ball wasn't coming out to him when he was in acres of space. I do think though that folk need to lay off him. He is/was never intended to be the number 1. He's fine as a backup on the occasion he is needed. 

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

He is/was never intended to be the number 1. He's fine as a backup on the occasion he is needed. 

Based on what?