Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Beautiful football to release Montgomery, who cuts back for Bair. Like it a lot

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theo Bair, though.

Stood in between the posts - I’d forgotten what that looks like…

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Beautiful football to release Montgomery, who cuts back for Bair. Like it a lot

Stood in between the posts - I’d forgotten what that looks like…

Wonder when the last time a wing back hit the byline was?

Theo Bair, though.

Weirdly I think he’s been the best handled of the January signings. Unlike last season the attack doesn’t concern me, but the defence, especially goalkeeping.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Unlike last season the attack doesn’t concern me, but the defence, especially goalkeeping.

Based on today, I’d agree. Wonder how much of that is down to not having full trust in the man behind the defence though

Based on today, I’d agree. Wonder how much of that is down to not having full trust in the man behind the defence though

Think your right, getting it tight in a friendly can’t be nice either.

Trialist comes on in the middle of the park. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, looks quite young 

He is young and I recognise him I think but not sure where from.

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was that trialist that Australian midfielder we've been linked with?

Don’t think so but as I often say my eyesight is dreadful

Edited by PSJ.84

Just a friendly etc and surely that team would never start a competitive fixture but that lineup today screams relegation. It’s an absolute shocker that we’ve not got the goalkeeping position sorted yet but there are issues everywhere in the squad that CD is clearly blind to. 

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Just a friendly etc and surely that team would never start a competitive fixture but that lineup today screams relegation. It’s an absolute shocker that we’ve not got the goalkeeping position sorted yet but there are issues everywhere in the squad that CD is clearly blind to. 

"Stop panicking, that line up will never start a game" from a fan of a club who saw about 4 starters pick up serious injuries last season.

Our lack of quality in depth is frightening.

6 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Surely the positive we take from our friendlies is we are scoring goals.

I'm reluctant to judge games against Championship sides, especially Cove who seem to be halfway through building their side, as evidence we can score regularly against top flight sides, tbh.

The worry is how many we're conceding against sides who should be worse than anyone we'll meet in the league.

Let’s start with the positives. Wee Max was excellent and forward thinking and his use of the ball for someone so young is very promising. He’s played himself into a starting spot for me and he seems the kind of player who’ll grab it. 

Theo Bair looks like he’s gained confidence and will cause defenders issues with his sheer size alone. Not convinced he’ll ever be the most technical or creative but I think he can score goals if he sticks between the posts. I also thought Carey looked good for someone who hasn’t played a lot recently and Murphy is clearly a clever player. I also thought we improved once MacPherson came on and maybe, just maybe he’s showing signs of improvement. 

Now the negatives. Parish, that’s all I need to say on that one. 

Considine to the surprise of nobody looks like he’s absolutely finished and can barely move. Our left hand side will get exposed a lot if he and Montgomery play together. 

Thirdly, our lack of wingback on the right is criminal right now, time and time again that’s where the space was and yet we’ve got zero to take advantage. I suspect Wright would of helped that, but he’s no doubt injured and still not convinced he’s the answer. 

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Let’s start with the positives. Wee Max was excellent and forward thinking and his use of the ball for someone so young is very promising. He’s played himself into a starting spot for me and he seems the kind of player who’ll grab it. 

Theo Bair looks like he’s gained confidence and will cause defenders issues with his sheer size alone. Not convinced he’ll ever be the most technical or creative but I think he can score goals if he sticks between the posts. I also thought Carey looked good for someone who hasn’t played a lot recently and Murphy is clearly a clever player. I also thought we improved once MacPherson came on and maybe, just maybe he’s showing signs of improvement. 

Now the negatives. Parish, that’s all I need to say on that one. 

Considine to the surprise of nobody looks like he’s absolutely finished and can barely move. Our left hand side will get exposed a lot if he and Montgomery play together. 

Thirdly, our lack of wingback on the right is criminal right now, time and time again that’s where the space was and yet we’ve got zero to take advantage. I suspect Wright would of helped that, but he’s no doubt injured and still not convinced he’s the answer. 

Quite substantial issues there.