Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Interested to see what happens with Gilmour this season also. 24 in February and might not have even played 50 senior games - could be wrong. Final year of his contract too, so last chance saloon?

Edited by PSJ.84

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s how I’ve seen it. Although I think Considine will be competing from the word go to start with Mahon.

Yeah. But the favouritism from Davidson will be heavily skewed towards Considine unless he's obviously utterly done.

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Interested to see what happens with Gilmour this season too. 24 in February and might not have even played 50 senior games - could be wrong. Final year of his contract too, so last chance saloon?

Yeah he really has to take any chances he gets. Doesn’t have the excuse of being a youngster any more anyway, that’s for sure. 

My main worry is we’ve not replaced any of the low level pace we had to begin with! Rooney and Middleton were relatively quick, but Carey and Murphy aren’t going to replace that speed. I think we still need someone with genuine pace to play away from home against the bigger teams. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What's the issue with MOH? 

2 year deal, battled to keep him. Barely kicked a ball?!

He's shite now....

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s how I’ve seen it. Although I think Considine will be competing from the word go to start with Mahon.

It's the only logic I can find. Big squad in January allows Mahon/Bair to settle before being chucked in.

Huge pressure on Bair though, although hopefully Murphy/Carey can chip in with ~5 goals each to help.

Unless he sees the replacements as...
Rooney - Wright
Hendry - Bair

These are just huge punts if that’s his thinking. Don’t think Wright even played that position consistently before aside from a handful of games in TW’s last season and a few games here and there for Hibs.

And he didn’t trust Bair last season and he mostly looked a bit lost off the bench when he did get a shot.

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

These are just huge punts if that’s his thinking. Don’t think Wright even played that position consistently before aside from a handful of games in TW’s last season and a few games here and there for Hibs.

And he didn’t trust Bair last season and he mostly looked a bit lost off the bench when he did get a shot.

Can't see any other option if he's genuine about only wanting a goalkeeper now.

Keep in mind that when we signed Bair he’d have just been setting up for pre-season in the MLS. Not sure if that was some of the thinking about bringing him in and slowly introducing him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The 1yr deal for Murphy makes sense, IMO.

On his day he can win matches at this level but that's caveated by the injuries/struggles he's had recently. A 1yr gamble makes sense for a side who struggle to create/score.

Yet another signing who looks more like a squad player than an improvement on anything we had, though, which is a worry when the manager says that's us done for outfield signings. 

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

News item says there's an option and I don't know whose but headline suggested it's players option, which would be in keeping with our transfer madness. 

Official website now calling it a deal till 2024