Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Classic Twitter, tbh. I think he'll still have plenty to offer. He was never the fastest but that won't matter so much in the position he's in now.

I guess the real shame is that he won't get a game past McPherson 😉

That's it's. Twitter all over. Even seen one arguing with Plymouth fans about it 😬😂 why bother. 

MacPherson, all I can say is fucking hell.

Had a dream about Theo Bair last night, he was doing the business on Love Island.

Made me think that I do reckon he could be special for us this season if he’s given a shot, and the league cup games and even reserve league hopefully returning could be an important part of that. If his competition up top is gonna be Stevie May, a still crocked Chris Kane and someone like Yaya Sanogo or worse there’s actually a fair bit riding on him being a success.

Lessons learnt from Eetu probably. Bring him in explain it’s not going to be until later in the season or next you’ll be a regular. Thrown on as and when. Felt the Aberdeen game he looked up for it. Shame he got injured as I suspect he’d have been starting v Hibs and maybe caley if not.

Still, I reckon he starts v cove on Saturday so will be interested to see him then.

23 hours ago, mizfit said:

His last game showed just how much he’d lost through injuries. Was an absolute shame.

Yeah, I know. Dave is definitely one of my favourite ever Saints.  I just meant the injury had more effect on him than just getting older. Ando, Fraz etc were at least able to drop a couple of levels and carry on playing, Dave wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Maybe I'm a pessimist by nature but the Cove ticket arrangements sounds like it will be organised choas if the main stand gets close to full.

Everything just seems so needlessly complicated these days. 

Still can't figure out why there are always bigger queues at East Stand now then when you had folk paying cash.

18 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Maybe I'm a pessimist by nature but the Cove ticket arrangements sounds like it will be organised choas if the main stand gets close to full.

It's genuinely put me off going after the farce l had with the ICT game.

If the actual season ticket cards aren't out for the Cup games I'll be expecting disasters with the emails they've sent out to use instead, especially since a few folk are still saying they haven't received one.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's genuinely put me off going after the farce l had with the ICT game.

If the actual season ticket cards aren't out for the Cup games I'll be expecting disasters with the emails they've sent out to use instead, especially since a few folk are still saying they haven't received one.

We haven't had an email yet and I'm not massively hopeful we'll get one either before Saturday despite buying season tickets. 😅

No email here yet either. This is exactly the kind of thing - other than the manager - that has set me on the road to apathy towards saints. I have issues every year with just getting my season ticket too, Bev will be sick of hearing from me as she’s the one who always ends up having to sort it out. 

it's Monday, the article did say they would either post your season or email you a barcode should you not get your season this week.... maybe give it a few days?

Just as I sent that I got my email with an electronic season ticket barcode

Edited by perthsaint1977
additional info

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Still can't figure out why there are always bigger queues at East Stand now then when you had folk paying cash.

When you're stood in that queue, have a wee look at the folk around you. 

That's exactly why it takes so long, about 3 brain cells each.

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

it's Monday, the article did say they would either post your season or email you a barcode should you not get your season this week.... maybe give it a few days?

You’re absolutely correct, I wasn’t meaning this specifically, I just always seem to run into issues and was just using this as an example of the kinds of things that happen (id usually wait until Thursday and then contact the club in this scenario) 

Much like you, whilst I’ve been typing this post out I’ve received an email from the club so fingers crossed that’ll be my tickets too. 

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

This'll sound sarcastic when I don't mean it too, but any idea why we can't just re-use our season ticket cards from last season rather than getting a new one? I see a few other clubs seem to just update the card rather than replace it.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This'll sound sarcastic when I don't mean it too, but any idea why we can't just re-use our season ticket cards from last season rather than getting a new one? I see a few other clubs seem to just update the card rather than replace it.

Sorry no idea. Mine never worked all last season ( barcode had to be typed in every match by turnstile operator) so hoping this new one works 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never tried but a couple of people have told said their previous (2) seasons card still worked last season as well. 

I presume it's linked to the account of the owner... Either that or there's been a massive f**k with reuse of barcodes or not disabling previous seasons ones 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren changed the system last year and we all got cards with barcodes. It’s been confirmed we are getting new cards again however they will now have QR codes which mean they won’t need to replace the cards each year. 

Had a dream about Theo Bair last night, he was doing the business on Love Island.

Made me think that I do reckon he could be special for us this season if he’s given a shot, and the league cup games and even reserve league hopefully returning could be an important part of that. If his competition up top is gonna be Stevie May, a still crocked Chris Kane and someone like Yaya Sanogo or worse there’s actually a fair bit riding on him being a success.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstones-theo-bair-excellent-27393823 #YearoftheBair

Interesting to see the manager say he thinks Bair is suited to playing as a 9 on his own. Wonder if that’s something we’ll see more of this season.

5 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstones-theo-bair-excellent-27393823 #YearoftheBair

Interesting to see the manager say he thinks Bair is suited to playing as a 9 on his own. Wonder if that’s something we’ll see more of this season.

Still shuddering at him thinking the CM area is fine tbh, but he's plenty of time to change his mind on that I guess.

Still shuddering at him thinking the CM area is fine tbh, but he's plenty of time to change his mind on that I guess.

Wow I’d missed that. It is absolutely not unless he thinks it’s clever or even fair to the player’s body to rely on M Davidson as a first choice every week for another season at the age of 34. Also, we don’t really have anyone in the squad capable of playing as the deepest midfielder in a 3. Maybe Davidson is looking to Gilmour for that?