Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In the past 2 years Sanogo has spent ~3 months at a club.

All I'd be expecting is a huffy, half arsed, 2 month experiment, with 1 goal, until he goes AWOL and we have no idea where he's gone.

What is this goal thing you speak of? CD's signings don't do that?

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

I know some folk are talking about midfielders but it's hard to see how the manager can justify adding there when he already has so many players. 

Whether in a two or a three, he has seven guys that will be predominantly be looking to play there, plus another two or three if it's a trio.

Tommy Wright certainly wouldn't have been allowed to add another option before moving some on, either permanently or on loan. 

Of course the very fair argument is that we don't have much quality there but you can't just keep adding players to a squad when you have others on long-term deals. 

That's the worry for me. The numbers are there but not the quality.

58 minutes ago, Radford said:

I know some folk are talking about midfielders but it's hard to see how the manager can justify adding there when he already has so many players. 

Whether in a two or a three, he has seven guys that will be predominantly be looking to play there, plus another two or three if it's a trio.

Tommy Wright certainly wouldn't have been allowed to add another option before moving some on, either permanently or on loan. 

Of course the very fair argument is that we don't have much quality there but you can't just keep adding players to a squad when you have others on long-term deals. 

Guess it depends on if he does, genuinely, see us playing a back 4 with 5 in midfield.

Out wide you'd have Wotherspoon, Carey, Wright and MOH.

In attacking midfield you'd have Hallberg and Crawford.

As the two deeper ones you'd have Davidson, MacPherson, New CM, and one of Gilmour or Ballantyne.

Max gets put out on loan. Montgomery just short term LB cover.

Could try and move on Crawford and MOH somehow and add more quality in those areas.

Absolute fantasy stuff, probably.

Really disappointed Eetu wasn’t even afforded a chance this pre-season. Hardly like we’re bursting with goals and creativity in the team, he’s young and has done well out on loan at Linfield. What harm would it have done to give him a chance in spain and then some minutes in the league cup? 

Felt like Vertainens time was up here after Ibrox, honestly wouldn't even blame him if it was his decision to leave the club and refuse to try again after how he was treated that night. 22yo, been sat in the stands for months and desperate to impress, and then hounded by your own manager for one mistake.

Interesting to see how he gets on, as I feel it's one we'll regret, but it's done now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Those ST numbers are pretty incredible in the circumstances. Was fully expecting a huge fall off!

Only 200 down on last seasons total with a month to go, and with a lot of people just being paid too. Not inconceivable we top last seasons total.

Incredible numbers, almost too good to be true. 

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Only 200 down on last seasons total with a month to go, and with a lot of people just being paid too. Not inconceivable we top last seasons total.

You'd like to think that we'd get pretty close if not exceed last seasons numbers, which given the season we had is quite something. Also given the pretty uninspiring signings so far. 

Looking at the seat map though, doesn't look anywhere near the number of greyed seats as last season, so can only assume folk have moved seats? 

21 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Looking at the seat map though, doesn't look anywhere near the number of greyed seats as last season, so can only assume folk have moved seats? 

Maybe... 

42 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Or maybe... 

Proof will be in the pudding I guess. East Stand was noticeably busier last season and with the Ormond shut we should see the Main busier this year too.

Would be interesting to know the split between season ticket holders and PATG customers last season.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Proof will be in the pudding I guess. East Stand was noticeably busier last season and with the Ormond shut we should see the Main busier this year too.

Would be interesting to know the split between season ticket holders and PATG customers last season.

Is the Ormond closed for next season? 

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Is the Ormond closed for next season? 

Don't think you can buy a season ticket for it now, anyway.

Carey gets a 2yr deal.

Not as bad as the other 30+yo ones getting multi-year deals to me, as he's had 0 injury problems, and has shown he can still play, and perform, regularly.

Think his success will depend on how we set up, as he clearly still has quality in him.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Carey gets a 2yr deal.

Not as bad as the other 30+yo ones getting multi-year deals to me, as he's had 0 injury problems, and has shown he can still play, and perform, regularly.

Think his success will depend on how we set up, as he clearly still has quality in him.

Yeah was about to post something similar. He’s at the upper end of the agr bracket you would want but been playing regularly at a high level last season so clearly still has the legs in him. As long as the desire is there too he’ll be a good signing. 

hopefully a few worldies in his locker. 

16 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yeah was about to post something similar. He’s at the upper end of the agr bracket you would want but been playing regularly at a high level last season so clearly still has the legs in him. As long as the desire is there too he’ll be a good signing. 

hopefully a few worldies in his locker. 

Yup. No issue with older players who are still fit and playing at a high level. I don't particularly like how we got Carey as its lazy, really, but I do like the actual player as I think he'll add something.