Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Last year the kits were on sale 12/7 and deliveries began 27/7. I personally think the time scales will likely be similar this year. Hopefully we will get a peak at them by end of next week 

Tomorrow might be a shout. PA on Friday.
God forbid we move away from giving papers first view of news.

I’m going to be absolutely seething if the club has gone for some sort of cheap Macron option rather than bespoke. Anyone who hasn’t seen Motherwells new kits, especially the stunning Roma esque one, I suggest you do so now.

Alloa have a top flight goalkeeper joining them on loan, but "it won't be until his team get their new first choice keeper in", which he says they expect to be next week.

Sort of sounds like it could be Ross Sinclair.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What do we think is the strategy for a keeper? A loan for a year and then get a loan for Sinclair who could then step up next season. Or permanent that Sinclair can then challenge?

I think the important thing is they leave a pathway for Sinclair, so in that regard, I'd be fine with a loan for a year. 

I think the harder part is how you deal with Sinclair. A loan until January would be ideal initially but unless he's playing below his level, clubs probably aren't keen on that, as goalkeeper will be a position they want to get sorted for the whole season and managers will likely favour a keeper they know they are going to have until May. 

I just hope if we aren't fixed up by the time the League Cup starts that he gets a chance ahead of Parish. 

51 minutes ago, Center half said:

Sorry City Centre!

Moving his stuff into Eetu's flat as we speak... (Joking)

There was rumours we were after him last week, which I've no idea if they were true or not. 

Surely he isn't a Davidson signing though?

Davidson has been very cautious in playing forward players after signing and has been quoted especially when talking about Melamed that he had to be patient, get up to speed and fitness etc. If memory serves me rightthere's been similar comments regarding Bair and Eetu about getting up to speed with the League etc as well. 

Sonogo did not have a club last season so hasn't played for a conserable amount of time. I obviously don't know what his attitude is like but his multitude of short times at clubs alongside NO ONE wanting him last season suggests to me there is a concern there. As we know whether we like it or not Davidson is not a fan of a player who is considered "luxury" - very happy to be proved wrong by him though. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 hours ago, Radford said:

I think the important thing is they leave a pathway for Sinclair, so in that regard, I'd be fine with a loan for a year. 

I think the harder part is how you deal with Sinclair. A loan until January would be ideal initially but unless he's playing below his level, clubs probably aren't keen on that, as goalkeeper will be a position they want to get sorted for the whole season and managers will likely favour a keeper they know they are going to have until May. 

I just hope if we aren't fixed up by the time the League Cup starts that he gets a chance ahead of Parish. 

I've got a sneaky feeling that we might actually end up going into the LC games with Sinclair. Do well there and you never know, he may be hard to shift. I'd actually be happy with that scenario TBH. 

I've got a sneaky feeling that we might actually end up going into the LC games with Sinclair. Do well there and you never know, he may be hard to shift. I'd actually be happy with that scenario TBH. 

Partly wonder if the club are holding off to see his performances to be honest.

Yes please to Yaya Sanogo. He might be absolutely rotten but I’m desperate for something interesting to happen with Saints tbh.

Edit: Would he be the second player we’ve had that’s scored in the Champions League proper? After Watt.

I know some folk are talking about midfielders but it's hard to see how the manager can justify adding there when he already has so many players. 

Whether in a two or a three, he has seven guys that will be predominantly be looking to play there, plus another two or three if it's a trio.

Tommy Wright certainly wouldn't have been allowed to add another option before moving some on, either permanently or on loan. 

Of course the very fair argument is that we don't have much quality there but you can't just keep adding players to a squad when you have others on long-term deals. 

In the past 2 years Sanogo has spent ~3 months at a club.

All I'd be expecting is a huffy, half arsed, 2 month experiment, with 1 goal, until he goes AWOL and we have no idea where he's gone.