Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

At least the more midfielders we have the more likely it is that Crawford will GTF.

I’m not his biggest hater but I don’t really see where he fits in. In the 5-3-2 Hallberg, Carey and a hopefully soon fit again Wotherspoon are ahead of him in the most advanced CM position. And most of us would like to see Max K given a shot in that position too.

Crawford doesn’t fit in any other system we’ve seen Davidson play or hint at playing.

11 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I’m not his biggest hater but I don’t really see where he fits in. In the 5-3-2 Hallberg, Carey and a hopefully soon fit again Wotherspoon are ahead of him in the most advanced CM position. And most of us would like to see Max K given a shot in that position too.

Crawford doesn’t fit in any other system we’ve seen Davidson play or hint at playing.

Fits in on the bench as we don't bring players that haven't played in Scotland and let them play.... 

12 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

1 minute ago, Radford said:

I'm sure Accies and Morton would be interested in Crawford but from his point of view, why walk away from a lucrative two-year contract.

Could be a loan with Morton just paying some of his wages.

He gets the same wage and regular football. We get him out without having to pay him off or pay his full wages. 

Maybe wishful thinking.

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm sure Accies and Morton would be interested in Crawford but from his point of view, why walk away from a lucrative two-year contract.

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

I guess a loan? We would still be paying a % but he gets regular games. 

i know it’s not a popular opinion but an Ali Crawford playing in a confident team is an asset and I don’t get all the folk down on him at all. Scored some absolutely crucial goals for us last season and without them would likely have seen us down. We saw that with his goals last season, and if he has players around him to do the donkey work he’s a good fit. Problem is you would need to build a team around that which is not what we will do. 

did we have an attacking midfielder other than Ali that managed more than a single goal all season?

Edited by John Bonham

Last year the kits were on sale 12/7 and deliveries began 27/7. I personally think the time scales will likely be similar this year. Hopefully we will get a peak at them by end of next week 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Morton fans seemed to think they held an interest in Crawford.

I don't think there was ever anything concrete to suggest we were actively pursuing him, just that Imrie has said when appearing on podcasts etc that Crawford is his best mate so it's an obvious conclusion that he'd try to sign him if he's ever available. There's equally nothing credible to suggest that Davidson wants rid either: since when did not having the players to fit a system stop him playing it?