Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd guess Considine signing killed that.

No chance we run with 5 senior CBs.

Yeah, would agree. I’d rather fill the squad with talented #perthshire boys but what can you do. If Considine’s fit he’ll be a decent signing for a season or two though I suppose. Big if there.

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah, would agree. I’d rather fill the squad with talented #perthshire boys but what can you do. If Considine’s fit he’ll be a decent signing for a season or two though I suppose. Big if there.

Considine will have the all important levels of "trust" Davidson requires.

Robbie Deas would fit into that category - would be a very good signing but can’t see it happening.

Deas would be perfect but from memory we made a very good offer and Inverness were asking for stupid money. Sure I heard talk it was almost double what we were willing to go too.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Any Saints fan saying that Montgomery is a good signing either wasn’t at our last away game last season in Perth or had their eyes closed for the first hour. He was shite overall for us in his spell at Pittodrie, but he plumbed new depths that night in the hour or so that he was on the pitch. What was Calum Davidson watching? Awful player. 

Oh my god, THAT GUY?!! The left back who Middleton had a field day with? Aww naw man!!!

Deas was very keen to join Saints, however the deal was completely kyboshed by Celtic as there's a clause in his contract stating they receive a very high percentage of any future transfer for him. For that reason ICT want stupid money for him so they themselves are not at a loss.