Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Apparently Saints want Sinclair and another keeper (not Parish ) competing for No 1 position with someone lined up who has been on loan in England from parent club 

Just say it's Ross Doohan, this fannying about not naming names is just weird.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Carey is alongside your Considine/Wright/Bryson/Conway types.

"Could do a job" within the squad for a season to plug a gap, as you'd be wanting a younger, better, version tied up long term once their gone.

The issue is we're on course to only sign that type this Summer while giving them all multi-year contracts.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Just call me Allan Preston. 

Worth mentioning that the article linking him to us spends the majority of it describing Zander Clark then adds "Doohan is one of a number of targets for the Perth club".

8 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Case for the defence: there are some absolute peaches in this

Wonder what Butterfields video would look like.

Just say it's Ross Doohan, this fannying about not naming names is just weird.

Makes sense, would’ve rather tried for Bain on loan but wages would be an issue I’d imagine. If we got him & Sinclair as 1 & 2 with Parish solely there to cover injuries I’d be happy with the goalie position.

When I heard reports that we were wanting Graham Carey in January, I was surprised to find out that he’s still playing football. Totally forgot about his existence. What a nostalgic blast from the past. I’m sure I would have considered it a decent signing (albeit not very exciting) if we’d signed him a decade ago.

One thing I’m less surprised about is the fact that Callum Davidson apparently still wants him.

Edited by The Real Saints

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Makes sense, would’ve rather tried for Bain on loan but wages would be an issue I’d imagine. If we got him & Sinclair as 1 & 2 with Parish solely there to cover injuries I’d be happy with the goalie position.

I'd guess they'll try and get Sinclair a loan tbh.

I'd be happy with taking a punt on Doohan. Seems a really good "profile" for what we want. 

Much better than Jack fucking Hamilton anyway.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd guess they'll try and get Sinclair a loan tbh.

I'd be happy with taking a punt on Doohan. Seems a really good "profile" for what we want. 

Much better than Jack fucking Hamilton anyway.

Best of the names that have been doing the rounds

26 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

What a nostalgic blast from the past. I’m sure I would have considered it a decent signing (albeit not very exciting) if we’d signed him a decade ago.

I've quite enjoyed Davidson's magical mystery tour of players who were excellent in 2014. Preferable to those who've never played a game of professional football, or couldn't get a game for St Mirren.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was hoping the negativity was just me at my usual tbh, and it's a bit worrying that a lot of others are at it too this Summer.

Well, we don’t have much positive to go by. Ageing player and the return of a dud. Horrible goalkeeping situation and interested in a 33 year old. That’s about all we have to go on. Oh, and CD is still manager.

Think My season ticket is still within the cooling off period. Pretty much the exact kind of player we don’t need which, given the gaping holes in the squad, is some feat by the manager. 

Edited by Kyle

Think My season ticket is still within the cooling off period. Pretty much the exact kind of player we don’t need which, given the gaping holes in the squad, is some feat by the manager. 
Another number 10 in a formation that doesn't really allow for it.

30 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
34 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Another number 10 in a formation that doesn't really allow for it.

Aye but this coming season is going to be 442.

I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that shite.

I'm torn on Carey, pretty sure all he's good for is set-pieces, but it's still something he's competent at when compared to Crawford, and as we set up with no plan to score from open play, it's probably necessary.

He'll play the Crawford role perfectly, will be sh*te for 33 game a year, will score 4/5 goals that in theory get us 10 points and CD will want carried around Perth thinking he's a mastermind for keeping us up in the playoffs again 

5 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I'm torn on Carey, pretty sure all he's good for is set-pieces, but it's still something he's competent at when compared to Crawford, and as we set up with no plan to score from open play, it's probably necessary.

He'll play the Crawford role perfectly, will be sh*te for 33 game a year, will score 4/5 goals that in theory get us 10 points and CD will want carried around Perth thinking he's a mastermind for keeping us up in the playoffs again 

He'll be replacing Middleton.