Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Did Wright not moan about not being allowed to take the players away to spain in the winter (when you'd assume it would be much more beneficial) as recently couple of seasons ago?

Between that, signing 19 players in one season and handing out multiple year deals to 35-year-olds with ACL issues, Callum's getting to live out all Wright's fantasies.

3 hours ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Am I the only one majorly seething at this preseason trip? 24 players and all the staff going away will have cost something similar to the wage of a new player for a season so why are we wasting it on a group of players who don’t really deserve it???

Few more courses for Clum to tick off the list.,

BBC Sport Scotland on Twitter: "🗣️ 'The highlight of 2021 for me' 🤣 St  Johnstone manager Callum Davidson on becoming the new course record holder  at Dunblane New Golf Club 👏" / Twitter

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Dundee fan with the bottle to try and slag off a double winner?

"DeEagles" and "Battle of the Champions " just isn't the same thing lads.

You've changed your tune, but you probably hate the Dundee more than Clum, understandable and fair enough.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Graham Carey seemingly linked with us. Freed after 2/3 seasons with CSKA Sofia. Attacking left sided played. 

Thoughts?

Thought he was well overrated when he was still in Scotland so always wondered why/how he got so many positive reviews when he went down south. He's somehow managed to last longer than Watt did over there as well. I'm maybe willing to re-evaluate my original assessment*.

*on his abilities, not on the fact he played for St Mirren. Only c***s actually like playing in black and white.

23 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Graham Carey seemingly linked with us. Freed after 2/3 seasons with CSKA Sofia. Attacking left sided played. 

Thoughts?

On 18/05/2022 at 08:38, RandomGuy. said:

Looking at players getting freed throws up some players Davidson wanted in January, so perhaps an early view of what the Summer holds.

So far I get it at Kevin McDonald, Drey Wright, and Graham Carey, who are all set to be free agents.

I'm convinced he'll want to chuck money at Considine or Lamie too if we stay up. So early prediction for next season would be...

LINEUP111652860640629.thumb.png.f66e153250b3c4d14ba053a54adba76c.png

He's the most predictable manager on the planet. Wright and Carey were hawked to him throughout January by a certain agent but he didn't get them as they wanted mega money.

So of course, instead of actually finding new targets for the Summer, he's just completely half arsing it.

It's pathetic if the Carey link is true.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's the most predictable manager on the planet. Wright and Carey were hawked to him throughout January by a certain agent but he didn't get them as they wanted mega money.

So of course, instead of actually finding new targets for the Summer, he's just completely half arsing it.

It's pathetic if the Carey link is true.

Totally predictable, the man is a complete fraud of a manager. Stick the cones out, speak to pal agents, run that by Gary Rowett then repeat.

f**k OFF HOBBIT.

Thoughts?

The only place I’ve seen the link is that banterpage, and at this stage I’m convinced you could say Dado Prso is signing and they’d believe it.

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Thoughts?

There are things I want to say and things I can say. This wouldn't surprise me at all but heard that Kilmarnock were keen on him as well and will presumably pay more. Would have thought his record in England before he left for Bulgaria might attract interest there as well. 

I'm not sure where he fits into the bit about being able to go past players, considering he's now 33 and, I think, been used more centrally?

Bonus points for anyone who can guess his agent... 

he's now 33

This is my main concern, granted it’s good to get experience to assist some of our younger players (Hence why Considine signing hasn’t irked me too much, he’s an older head to work with Gordon & Mahon) but at 33 should we perhaps look at younger striker options?

He didn’t have the best of time up here before but as you’ve alluded to he was fantastic in a poor Argyle side and has done decent in Bulgaria. It’s one I understand the thinking of but confirms we’re back to the usual pool of talent.

Lemme guess, his agent is a man who denies offering players to Saints….?

So lazy! Our business so far and with this link - if true - it’s genuinely like Davidson is playing football manager but can’t be arsed with the detailed aspects of it, so is just signing folk he’s heard of and gets offered. Which is sound when you’re just looking to chill out after work but maybe not when you’re being paid six figures to manage every aspect of one of Scotland’s most successful clubs in the last decade..