Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The notion that I will pay 80-100 pm for Sky and Sports package to watch endless OF matches with fannies like Kris Boyd in them because i am starved of watching my own team on a shite stream is ludicrous.

12 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Looks like zander to United and Jack fucking Hamilton to us!! 

Wheres this come from?

Surely, surely, we won't be signing Hamilton as first choice. Surely.

Hladky of Ipswich being linked with Aberdeen, which presumably means that Killie reserve keeper will be headed there.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wheres this come from?

Surely, surely, we won't be signing Hamilton as first choice. Surely.

A former Dundee United player now an agent said that clark has accepted a deal with them on 4.5k a week. Double what we offered him 

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

A former Dundee United player now an agent said that clark has accepted a deal with them on 4.5k a week. Double what we offered him 

Was more the Hamilton bit tbh, Clark to United feels like its been obviously happening for a while now.

3 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

The poster that put that up doesn't usually get it wrong and is genuine person so don't know why he would make it up

Yes I know. He’s my dad. He was bored and counted the seats 😂

Edited by John Bonham

On 22/06/2022 at 19:55, Goran said:

I also haven’t renewed yet and don’t think I will. Similarly, I know we aren’t going to win every week but I’ve always enjoyed watching Saints on the whole, until last season.

Off the top of my head there were 2 full games in the league (the 2nd Hearts and 2nd Aberdeen fixture) that I  enjoyed watching. The first half against Dundee in the 3-1 and then a couple of isolated moments like Hendry’s goal against Motherwell and the 2 late goals against Inverness. The rest was absolutely hopeless stuff and not worth the 2hr round trip from Edinburgh. 

I’m very anti-Davidson and struggling to find any motivation or excitement for this season. And there’s not really been anything from the club to generate any excitement either. It’s like they’re all just going through the motions and are happy enough to be there and plenty folk are happy enough with that. We won a fucking cup double and it has just completely passed us by - there were a couple of photo ops here and there, they maybe had them out on the pitch once or twice early in the season but it just feels like nobody really gives much of a f**k about trying to push St Johnstone above the “wee team that’s just happy to be there” mindset. 

Maybe I’m being overly harsh and hopefully some excitement will come back if we manage to make a couple of decent signings etc. No doubt I’ll still pick and choose to attend plenty of games next season but it’s hard to imagine right now. 

Share your annoyance about how little was done for the fans following the double. I think there’s probably a feeling at the club that everyone should simply be grateful for the season we were given.

The lack of anything for fans who’d stuck by the club by buying a season ticket for the normal price to watch matches on telly was shite. Also the total lack of action to improve our attacking play or to cover our 2 star players leaving, or to give ourselves a decent chance of group stage European football, spoke volumes.

I have to be honest and say that while I recognise the phenomenal achievement of the cup double, and it made a shite time as good as it could possibly be football-wise, it’s not even in my top 5 Saints seasons.  It’s all about being at the games for me, and sitting watching on tv is as sterile an experience as can be. No fault of the club’s obviously.

I did renew. More out of habit, but only around the deadline as I like my seat and wanted to hang onto it so finally succumbed to FOMO.  The next day it was announced we were losing Hendry!

We don’t need many stand out attacking players. Over the Tommy Wright years from after the cup winning season onwards, we were a good organised solid side who had a star or two in it to create; MOH and Spoony, Swanson, Wright and Kennedy, Kennedy on his own.  That kind of set up might be good enough if we can get the right one or two in.  And a good keeper, obviously.  I also have the hope that all the other players will improve their form from last season.  

Agree about the loss of live coverage on Saintstv, hugely disappointing and feels shortsighted.  It was a way of keeping an interested fan base who are too far away to make matches regularly as much as anything and, as mentioned, all to stuff lots of OF matches down everyone’s throat.

Think the squad is away to Spain tomorrow?

Manager spoke about a new signing before then, so maybe we'll get our keeper today.