Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder if we're one of the clubs? If so we must be well down the list for a new number one.

If we can't attract a decent keeper that is genuinely guaranteed to be an almost unchallenged no.1 then it's just another red flag of the mess the club is in.

Unless Steve Brown does an interview and has a pop about the support, I doubt we’ll ever know. It’s clear looking at the ticket page that numbers are well down (albeit it’s still relatively early and pay day is coming up). 

I ended up buying one, not because I have any great desire to watch us right now.  I felt compelled to get my son his first season ticket, which he’ll be far too young to use anyway. Hoping Davidson proves me wrong and he can show more ambition and adaptability but I have zero expectation that will be the case. 
I had a season ticket years ago but got one last year and took my 2 sons along for free as they're under 12.

To be honest that's what swung it for me again this season. My older boy enjoyed it a lot and it's his last season of being a freebie, so we're going again this season with blind optimism that we'll batter teams and score a boat load!

Although the football was crap most of the time I still enjoy going along for a day out with the boys.

The point made about Saints TV is very good. That added to the value of a season ticket. As a convert to the idea of streaming every match, seems another own goal by clubs/SPFL in their failure to agree anything with Sky Sports regards maintaining it. 

Being that guy I took a screenshot of a single section just before and after the renewal deadline. If this is replicated everywhere, it's huge cause for concern...

792691484_Screenshot_20220620-1335022.thumb.jpg.cfa3db0a183ecae8783ddaf9a77174da.jpg

1214297446_Screenshot_20220620-1824322.thumb.jpg.f17206134b84a3bf8b13e772f37cba90.jpg

I've renewed, purely out of habit more than anything else though. I also have to factor in that we have our first wee one due in October so if I don't have my season ticket I'll likely struggle to make the effort to pay at the gate, seen it countless times before when the renewal is put off due to kids arriving. I have however moved seat due to the ticket office screwing up my renewal years ago and put my seat in the South end of the East stand, which I never once sat in. So feel free to minus 1 non season ticket renewal..

1 hour ago, Radford said:

The point made about Saints TV is very good. That added to the value of a season ticket. As a convert to the idea of streaming every match, seems another own goal by clubs/SPFL in their failure to agree anything with Sky Sports regards maintaining it. 

Being that guy I took a screenshot of a single section just before and after the renewal deadline. If this is replicated everywhere, it's huge cause for concern...

792691484_Screenshot_20220620-1335022.thumb.jpg.cfa3db0a183ecae8783ddaf9a77174da.jpg

1214297446_Screenshot_20220620-1824322.thumb.jpg.f17206134b84a3bf8b13e772f37cba90.jpg

This should be a massive concern for the club. They should, but I doubt they will, be contacting each non renewal to see why they have not renewed and what the club can do about it.

I renewed, but then again I'm a glutton for punishment and have been a season ticket holder for that long that I'm not going to let the streak end. That being said, this was the first season that thoughts of not renewing crept into my mind and I did get a new one firmly expecting the worst and with little enthusiasm for the upcoming season!

I was thinking about it today though, we've got the makings of another good young defence with Cleary, Mahon and Gallacher, Gordon isn't exactly old either. Ok that's heavily caveated by not having a goalkeeper right now, but there's enough cause for optimism based on what we've seen from the 3 newer guys. We still need midfielders that's for sure, but with a full pre-season, Hallberg should be even better and I genuinely think he's our best player by some distance. We've jettisoned the older guys, Craig, Bryson and Butterfield have all left the playing squad, although I'm not convinced Gilmour will ever make it, or Ballantyne so we still need another body in there fore sure. 

Up front is the biggest issue, in an ideal world, you'd be getting rid of O'Halloran from the squad entirely. You could make the same argument for May, but we can still offer something (albeit not goals). You'd assume Eetu is on the way out, which I'm not upset about from what we saw of him, but I'll say it again the way he was treated wasn't right. Who knows Bair might make a big contribution next season, as well as a returning Wotherspoon and Max. Then again maybe I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning and enough time has passed that Davidsonball is a distant memory. 

I renewed, but then again I'm a glutton for punishment and have been a season ticket holder for that long that I'm not going to let the streak end. That being said, this was the first season that thoughts of not renewing crept into my mind and I did get a new one firmly expecting the worst and with little enthusiasm for the upcoming season!
I was thinking about it today though, we've got the makings of another good young defence with Cleary, Mahon and Gallacher, Gordon isn't exactly old either. Ok that's heavily caveated by not having a goalkeeper right now, but there's enough cause for optimism based on what we've seen from the 3 newer guys. We still need midfielders that's for sure, but with a full pre-season, Hallberg should be even better and I genuinely think he's our best player by some distance. We've jettisoned the older guys, Craig, Bryson and Butterfield have all left the playing squad, although I'm not convinced Gilmour will ever make it, or Ballantyne so we still need another body in there fore sure. 
Up front is the biggest issue, in an ideal world, you'd be getting rid of O'Halloran from the squad entirely. You could make the same argument for May, but we can still offer something (albeit not goals). You'd assume Eetu is on the way out, which I'm not upset about from what we saw of him, but I'll say it again the way he was treated wasn't right. Who knows Bair might make a big contribution next season, as well as a returning Wotherspoon and Max. Then again maybe I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning and enough time has passed that Davidsonball is a distant memory. 

Bair looked big and slow at times for me, but the Aberdeen game he proper excited me, could see him just taking off if he’s given time.

I think we’re going to have a few more signings today or tomorrow. Just a gut feeling.

Just had a wee look at the season ticket sales map 🤯 I renewed mine but it looks like sales and renewals fallen off a cliff. There was always going to be some fall off this season as there are folks that would have bought their tix as a one off following the double, but did not expect it to look this bad with the season starting again in 2 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, CrieffSaint said:

Ah great. Was nice while it lasted then...

I think it has genuinely stopped folk who live further away from their clubs from buying season tickets this year. It was a real benefit and didn’t seem to impact much, if any on crowds. It’s a really backwards step but I think its something to do with the TV contract with Sky?