Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Widge said:

Ohh we've got the players to play attacking forward thinking football, the issue is we don't have the midfield to allow a platform to make it work! In order to get them all in the team, you're looking at changing the shape to a narrow 4-2-3-1 which I'd love, but lets face it Davidson wont entertain that!

If we're brave enough we could be that shape in attack even with the back 5, if that makes sense. Wright and Wotherspoon push wide and Kennedy drops off the front centrally.

As you say though, all about the 2 CMs. Hallberg is probably first choice now so if we've got him and Wotherspoon in there then we need a great defensive midfielder to help them out. We don't have one yet.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Is Kennedy not fucked physically?

He seems to have had a lot of back injuries at Aberdeen. 

He's a former player in his mid-20s with injury problems. A textbook Davidson target.

41 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Is Kennedy not fucked physically?

Just the 24 league games missed through injury last season, with the first 20 for that mysterious back injury…

004B5BC2-0955-460F-98D7-19AD53AD1868.jpeg

A75B46E7-75A2-4507-B01D-D6FBF6BBC9C0.jpeg

Edited by PSJ.84

We'll probably target McGeouch aswell.

Considine, Wright, McGeouch and Kennedy, then we'll be told its bad luck we have injuries.

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Looks like Vertainen won’t be getting his chance this season

Into last year of his deal too so full season loan and he's away. I'm convinced we are missing a trick with him. Hope he's brave enough to turn down any move until at least the end of window, but can't blame him if not. 

17 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Looks like Vertainen won’t be getting his chance this season

The brass neck of Davidson to talk about wanting excitement and people taking players on up front after the way he treated Vertainen in the infamous interview after Rangers, btw.

I'm not convinced that Eetu would ever make it wit us, but agree that the lack of opportunity he's been provided has been poor to say the least, at least he offered something a little different. I think it's a case of him getting better the less he played, cause lets face it, he hardly set the Irish league alight whilst there, bar 4 goals in a single game. I'd of happily given him a chance though and it's poor management really.  

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Four goals in 302 Irish league minutes far better than anyone else in our squad managed surely? Seems he was in and out of the team with injury

Four league goals was better than anyone in our squad other than Hendry.

I'd appreciate a really good, left field, attacking signing this week. I wouldn't mind Kennedy but we need someone to properly push the squad forward. We were the 2nd worst side in the division last season and neither signing so far is an improvement on what they're replacing, IMO.

On 18/06/2022 at 19:13, Nold said:

English jobbers who not that long ago signed Adam Rooney from Aberdeen by offering over four times his salary. 

I agree, it's quite a conundrum

Salford City it was, they’re owned by some very rich individuals.

Plus if my memory was right, Rooney was a bench warmer at the time with Aberdeen. 

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

6792CE89-517E-46C5-BFB2-6675F6DBA177.png

30 year old? I’ve never heard of him before. Not exactly the most exciting new No.1 if we do go for him. he couldn’t get a game for killie in the championship but he’ll out first choice in the premiership 😳

Edited by Dick Van Dyke

His career up until 2020 looks like he'd be a decent saints level player. Must have done well enough in long stint at Colchester (with drey Wright) for Reading to think he'd make a decent backup. Then it's been a bit grim since 2020.

Parish was Colchester keeper throughout 2015-16 with Walker not playing a game due to serious knee injury. 

Never seen him play but I'd take him over Parish.