Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Couple of WAP rumors. 

One mentioning Chris Burke coming to training...but the guy is a bit of a WUM so who knows.

Another reckons Scott Bain coming in on loan.

Aye, like I'm no fan of Davidson, but that Dennis Wise poster on WAP is extremely anti-Davidson to the point pretty much all his posts seem to be making stuff up to try and turn fans against him. Suggesting Chris Burke is signing feels an easy way to get folk moaning about Davidson targeting ageing players so I feel it's just a WUM.

As for Bain it feels like an easy piece of shit to throw at the wall to guess a signing rather than there being anything concrete behind it. He's about to be 3rd choice at Celtic and we need a keeper so it's a logical guess to make.

53 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'd resigned myself to a thoroughly shite off season thus justifying not getting a season ticket this year. 

Do we have any idea of the number of renewals? Today was the last day for existing ST holders to renew.

As far as I have seen, the clubs marketing for the ST's has consisted of repeat tweets and a pretty cheap video. Not sure whether they feel the need to push it much or whether they recognise it is a hard sell.

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Callum saying he’s wanting quality and excitement up front, team heading to Spain next week, hoping for a couple new faces, missed out on a couple already 

I’m pretty sure at least half of our support couldn’t give a shite what Callum says now. Those that do care need to have a good look at themselves. I’m either going to watch junior football or play golf until he leaves. 

9 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

I’m pretty sure at least half of our support couldn’t give a shite what Callum says now. Those that do care need to have a good look at themselves. I’m either going to watch junior football or play golf until he leaves. 

👋don’t let the door catch your arse on the way out, why you on a saints thread then, he’s not left?

39 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

That’s some reach. Choosing not to watch shite football doesn’t stop me from using a forum.

Aye you’ll see quality in the juniors right enough, but if you’re not watching saints, why have any interest in what folks that are, are posting? 

5 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Aye you’ll see quality in the juniors right enough, but if you’re not watching saints, why have any interest in what folks that are, are posting? 

The majority of football served up by  Davidson last season  wasn’t even at junior level! We should expect a rip roaring start next season though, a months holiday, training camp in Spain and 2 of our first 5 against teams playing in Europe 

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

St. Mirren and Motherwell were definitely in for him. Didn't see St. Johnstone mentioned anywhere.

Were we though? I mean, I can't speak for St Mirren but the only time I saw Motherwell's name linked was the absolute vaguest of mentions in the local press down south and even then it was "monitoring" and "reported target" rather than anything definite.

Not saying we hadn't taken a look but it's the sort of language you'd take with a massive pinch of salt.

Clark to United is very similar to Tony Watt in January. A good player at this level who you’d want to keep, but if United are going to pay him 2/3 times what we’re willing to then let him go. Let’s face it, at the end of the season before last, we’d of all happily had a new number one come in such was his form!

17 minutes ago, Widge said:

Clark to United is very similar to Tony Watt in January. A good player at this level who you’d want to keep, but if United are going to pay him 2/3 times what we’re willing to then let him go. Let’s face it, at the end of the season before last, we’d of all happily had a new number one come in such was his form!

Both are McInnes type signings. Will help you finish in a respectable position with no real chance of kicking on.

Would be disappointed in Clark making that move, this was probably his last chance at attempting to break English football. Money talks though and I guess you can't blame him for taking it when he gets the chance of a huge wage.

Sounds like the next signing will be a winger, talking about beating men so it's how I've taken it. Matty Kennedy the obvious one.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be disappointed in Clark making that move, this was probably his last chance at attempting to break English football. Money talks though and I guess you can't blame him for taking it when he gets the chance of a huge wage.

Sounds like the next signing will be a winger, talking about beating men so it's how I've taken it. Matty Kennedy the obvious one.

Now take this tongue in cheek, but the most exciting football saints have played for years, was when we had Kennedy, Wright and Wotherspoon all in the same team....

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

Now take this tongue in cheek, but the most exciting football saints have played for years, was when we had Kennedy, Wright and Wotherspoon all in the same team....

You could see us playing decent football with those 3 behind Kane, tbf.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You could see us playing decent football with those 3 behind Kane, tbf.

Ohh we've got the players to play attacking forward thinking football, the issue is we don't have the midfield to allow a platform to make it work! In order to get them all in the team, you're looking at changing the shape to a narrow 4-2-3-1 which I'd love, but lets face it Davidson wont entertain that!