Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

On an unrelated note, do we reckon that Saints will bother to iron the shirts for the kit launch this year? I’m gonna predict that they won’t.

It's the close season.  Away and visit your pal. Malcolm wasn't it?

Disappointed to lose Hendry, but I'd be a hypocrite to moan about this too much since I'd happily have seen him punted after the Arbroath Cup game and even headed into January was talking about him leaving.

Be interesting to see how he gets on down there, as he seems like a great fit for English football. Dare I say more so than May when he left us?

3 hours ago, Radford said:

The Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Jack Hamilton on two year contract until the summer of 2024 for an undisclosed fee. 

Scotland squad member Jack has vast Premiership experience from spells with Hearts and Dundee and enjoyed a great season past with Morton in the Championship. 

Jack, 28, is relishing the opportunity to play in the top flight again and told The Club website: "I am thrilled to be joining The Club. I didn't need to think twice when the gaffer offered me the chance to join The Club and am looking forward to meeting the rest of the boys when we return to training."

You forgot to thank Scott Boyd 

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

Chris Burke and Ryan Dow i heard!

There was a time where I'd have read this and chuckled at the joke, but these days there's a genuine chance thats real.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was a time where I'd have read this and chuckled at the joke, but these days there's a genuine chance thats real.

id have included Lawless as well but we got gazumped by a huge offer by someone else i believe? 

Apparently training starts on Wednesday, so we'll get the excitement of trying to find trialists in the photos of training for a while.

On 17/06/2022 at 16:00, jamamafegan said:

Another key player lost to some English jobbers. Wonder who Callum will get to replace him. Sam Parkin perhaps? Derek Holmes?

English jobbers who not that long ago signed Adam Rooney from Aberdeen by offering over four times his salary. 

I agree, it's quite a conundrum

A big task for next season will be to get back to having some sort of alternative shape available to us. He's not gonna tear it all up, I think we have come to realise that much, but in 2020/21 we at least had the option of varying our attacking shape.

That gradually disappeared as last season got going and it must have made us predictable; any manager worth their salt knew exactly how St Johnstone were gonna play. That's fine when you are Celtic or Rangers, not when you are a bottom feeder. 

The signing of Considine suggests that the back three is very much here to stay, so the alternative will again need to be in the attack. It was interesting to hear Drey Wright admit himself in his Saints TV interview that numbers have never been his strong point but it's obviously something he's looking to improve. What he does offer is a flexibility we've maybe lacked in the squad. He can play at WB in a 3-5-2 or at RM/RW in a 3-4-3.

I think the key with both Considine and Wright will not be what they offer but how often they are available. There is a not unfounded idea that Callum Davidson is in his comfort zone with "he'll do a job" players and I think both will comfortably fit into that category. The judgement will come if they can't give him approaching 30 league games, especially in the case of Wright.

His next problem is going to be addressing how we score goals. The current lot got ten between them in the league last season... 

Couple of WAP rumors. 
One mentioning Chris Burke coming to training...but the guy is a bit of a WUM so who knows.
Another reckons Scott Bain coming in on loan.
Scott Bain would be decent. Chris Burke not so much [emoji23]

19 minutes ago, Saint Stevo said:

Scott Bain would be decent. Chris Burke not so much emoji23.png

Having Bain on loan is an idea certainly but it's an idea that means Celtic would hit us with double figures at least once this coming season.

Normally I'd say that Burke and Davidson probably played with and against each other for years and it's just a friend letting another train and play in some training matches to keep fit, but you know what nothing would surprise me any more.