Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Considine rejected a "6 figure salary" at Aberdeen, FWIW, wanting a contract 50% higher and a 2yr deal.

Our chairman moaned about Scougall being a huge earner for us as he was one of a few earning 6 figures.

We'll never know but knowing Considines contract figures would be interesting.

39 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

As a veteran Davidson watcher this is where I reckon his thinking is with what we’ve signed and what’s to hopefully come - forgive the dreadful graphics IMG_2817.jpg

I'm not even sure we'll sign another centre forward. Probably sign a winger and that'll be it, back to the one up front with two wider approach.

What a season we're in for.

A fucked Considine marshalling the defence and Drey Wright firing crosses into the stand or the first defender. 

What he was the last time? 

2 goal contributions ( 1 huge deflection at that) and a fast runner.

And some of the pet journalists were suggesting that "lessons had been learned" 🤣

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considine rejected a "6 figure salary" at Aberdeen, FWIW, wanting a contract 50% higher and a 2yr deal.

Our chairman moaned about Scougall being a huge earner for us as he was one of a few earning 6 figures.

We'll never know but knowing Considines contract figures would be interesting.

Could just be the only full time offer he's received after his agent made a c**t of it.

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Could just be the only full time offer he's received after his agent made a c**t of it.

I think is pretty spot on. What's being lost is that isn't not as if Aberdeen freed Considine as such, more he turned down the contract and then the club rightfully pulled the plug after that. Had his agent not screwed it up for him, he'd still be an Aberdeen player this season.

Probably realised that once he was a free agent, some of the bull about his worth that his agent was feeding him became obvious. Likely Saints is the only top flight Scottish deal on offer and at 35, does he want to be trying his luck overseas? 

I'd doubt that saints will be paying the amount per year that Aberdeen offered, or certainly not paying more. I'm sure in time, Considine will massively regret the way he exited Aberdeen. 

I'd draw the parallels with Liam Craig. Club legend at the end of career and realising he'd need to move if he wanted to play a bit longer or accept a reduced playing time tied in with a future coaching role. 

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Likely Saints is the only top flight Scottish deal on offer and at 35, does he want to be trying his luck overseas? 

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that we're the only top flight side that would be willing to give him a 2yr deal.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not even sure we'll sign another centre forward. Probably sign a winger and that'll be it, back to the one up front with two wider approach.

That’s maybe where Wright is going to play,a Conway replacement,not Rooney 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

9 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

That’s maybe where Wright is going to play,a Conway replacement,not Rooney 

I wouldn't mind Wright taking MOHs place in the squad.

Back up RWB/RW type who has his games but we don't rely on him. That feels right for Wright.

I don't even think it's fair on him to make him starting RWB, he's got no chance of living up to Rooney yet he'll be compared directly to him if he's the replacement and that'll just see him criticised for most of the season.

Goalkeepers

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024

Andy Considine- 2024