Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

44 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Morton fans on Twitter seem convinced Jack Hamilton is away too….

Yeah they just signed a new first choice.

Surely, surely, even the clown we have in charge doesn't think we can run with Jack Hamilton and Elliot Parish as out keepers?

Aye. If we’re going to sign an old huddy, a centre back is probably the one position we can afford to carry one in the squad. Don’t hate this signing personally, but will reserve judgment on this one until we see what else is brought in. 

Aye, fair assessment. But if I hear yes sir I can boogie I will murder someone.

I would say that Saintees signing Andy Considine is a good move for them. I'd have been more than happy for him to stay at Pittodrie, with the only reservation being how he has recovered from his injury. Wasn't a great sign that he went off injured in his first start back.

Just now, Kyle said:

Aidan Smith saying Considine is signing on a 2 year contract. 

35 year old who hasn’t started a game in nearly a year, on a 2 year deal. 

It's beyond parody now.

He's been signed to replace McCart. Folk will desperately try and defend this claiming he's just back up, but he's not, he's been signed to play as many games as he can.

Callum Davidson has, and continues to, f**k us long term here. He'll whack mega wages and many years at Drey Wright next and then probably extend some more shites contracts so we're continously saddled with it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's beyond parody now.

He's been signed to replace McCart. Folk will desperately try and defend this claiming he's just back up, but he's not, he's been signed to play as many games as he can.

Callum Davidson has, and continues to, f**k us long term here. He'll whack mega wages and many years at Drey Wright next and then probably extend some more shites contracts so we're continously saddled with it.

If he stays fit, Considine will definitely do a good job for you this season. Two year deal seems excessive, although he wouldn't have signed for you on a one year deal.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would say that Saintees signing Andy Considine is a good move for them. I'd have been more than happy for him to stay at Pittodrie, with the only reservation being how he has recovered from his injury. Wasn't a great sign that he went off injured in his first start back.

How many 35yo players recover from fucking their achilles?

You'd have thought watching Bryson continously break down with injuries over the past season would've scared us off such a deal, yet here we are.

At least if we fill the squad with ageing cripples Davidson can blame "bad luck" when half the squads out with injuries.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Two year deal seems excessive, although he wouldn't have signed for you on a one year deal.

Then we shouldve walked away.

We've thrown around 2 year deals like confetti under Davidson, and are now saddled with absolute shit because of it.

We're now in a situation where we have a cripple on our books until he's 37 with the chance he plays less than 10 games for us.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Then we shouldve walked away.

We've thrown around 2 year deals like confetti under Davidson, and are now saddled with absolute shit because of it.

We're now in a situation where we have a cripple on our books until he's 37 with the chance he plays less than 10 games for us.

Hopefully he's put in his contract that he mustn't play against Aberdeen. 

Has he actually signed yet?

Edited by kingjoey

Fairly clear McCart is away if this move goes through.

2 years seems bonkers with the recent injury record and age, but hopefully it means he's taken a vastly reduced wage in order to get a bit of longer term security.

Not a signing to excite anyone certainly, and an obvious sign that we're sticking with the 3 centre backs formation.

Further evidence that Davidson favours experienced pros as signings.  We've had a few older centre backs going back over the years that have done well for us; Baltacha, Hegarty, Kernaghan, Duberry, Wright, but many of those were dropping a level, whereas Considine isn't.

Including loans, is that now 6 or 7 centre backs we've signed in the past year in a team that can't score goals?!

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

Haven’t we given long term contracts to almost ten players under the age of 25 in the last 12-18 months?

It's about quality as well as age, you can't just chuck 3 year deals at 10 kids and claim its good long term planning.