Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The longer he doesn't sign anywhere else the more hope we have, and you wonder if he'll value guaranteed first choice over money seeing as he turns 25 next season and has still never had a full season starting for one club?

I'm fairly sure he'll still be away though.

The longer he doesn't sign anywhere else the more hope we have, and you wonder if he'll value guaranteed first choice over money seeing as he turns 25 next season and has still never had a full season starting for one club?
I'm fairly sure he'll still be away though.

No news is good news and all that.

My fear is he'll hang around until the last hour of the window. Then bugger off leaving us scrambling around for some 3rd rate (if we're lucky) jobber to replace him. 

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m guessing new cards, last ones said 2021/22 on them I’m sure.

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m guessing new cards, last ones said 2021/22 on them I’m sure.

Thanks to both of you.

Suppose we’re expecting to see a little movement when the players start to get back from their holidays in the next week or two. I’m cautiously optimistic about the 5/6 we might bring in, but I’m not optimistic that we’ll play any differently to last season, which would be awful. 

I’ll renew my season ticket cause I’m an absolute sucker and a glutton for punishment, but I can’t say I’m doing it with any great joy or willingness this season which might be the first time ever! 

Let’s hope there’s plenty of work going on in the background. Would’ve felt more relaxed if we’d a couple of signings early, didn’t have to be the main ones, just solid top flight players who would improve the first eleven, but not to be so far. 

Hopefully the Hendry rumours are true but it’s not what I was lead to believe a while back. Retaining him at least means there is a goal threat in the team and feels crucial to me. 

Wishlist?

In a fantasy world,

first AND second choice goalkeeper, make Parish the backup Super Saint or something

First choice RWB

(If McCart goes) A good, young CB to compete with the other 3. Not on loan

A natural LWB to compete with Gallacher

Three CMs - a ballwinner, a deep playmaker and someone more creative who could also go out wide/play second striker.

Two “forwards” who can go up top or on a wing. We need to have the option of going 5-2-3 with wingers in the CD system.

If Hendry goes, an out and out goal scorer too. Class they grow on trees since the manager has (probably?) pissed off the first one we’ve had since May 2014.

I think that’s a fairly daunting (and unrealistic) list and to get it all in we’d need to offload a lot of shite, but I think we’re in for a poor season if we don’t get at least 2/3 of that done to a decent quality this window. Not gonna panic because lots of time but the manager has a big job on his hands.

I'd be very surprised if Hendry is still here next season. It will all depend on what other offers actually materialise out there and what assurances (and if they are believable) that Davidson could give him. If I was Saints, I'd be making the argument to him that if he had the same scoring rate for next season as he did in the 2nd half of last, he'd be both more likely to get a better move and also getting closer to getting toto Steve Clarkes thoughts (Eamon Brophy being the example). Not that I believe either, but that is what you'd tell him.

Got a feeling we all will get a bit disappointed in the players we sign initially as doubt we will get any really recognisable players, but maybe that is a good thing. Some guys 20-24 age range who are looking to kick on would be good, plus Max, Sinclair and others getting closer to the first team.