Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Luton want him as well so he will most likely follow the £££££signs 

Aye I've got the fear now. Luton seemingly don't have a first choice just now and want him as that, while this was tagged on at the bottom of a story about Macey.

Screenshot_20220606-095510_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a94b8dd85dd5bcc411bb34e984d94b7.jpg

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Surely Sinclair is now at an age where he's developed as much as he's going to just with youth games and training, so needs to either start for us or go on loan to help bring him on further.

Tbf I think they tried to loan him out last season but he needed surgery on his wrists which ruled him out, at least that was the story around Scone. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I think they tried to loan him out last season but he needed surgery on his wrists which ruled him out, at least that was the story around Scone. 

That makes sense. If he's the same guy I'm thinking of I'm sure I saw him play with BSC Glasgow in the Lowland league 2/3 years ago and he did look pretty impressive but was also bollocking a team of adults into position when he was 17/18 so hopefully we only need someone to be competent for a season, he goes on loan and does enough to come back and take over

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Funnily I looked at the shots he'd conceded before the Semi against Hibs back in 20/21.

EsCrs7mXEAATRkk.png.9f82544a325f3b643a10945673de0900.png

Did seem to have an issue with low shots into corners then.

Interesting stats. 

how does that compare to other right handed keepers (assuming he is right handed) potentially that is the general weak area for a right hander?  Also how is it calculated, for example does it speak to potential weakness in the team in general?  I.e. are more shots coming from an area of the pitch that leads to a low left goal?

Aye I've got the fear now. Luton seemingly don't have a first choice just now and want him as that, while this was tagged on at the bottom of a story about Macey.
Screenshot_20220606-095510_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a94b8dd85dd5bcc411bb34e984d94b7.jpg

If Parish is retained to allow Sinclair we get game time and we get a competent first choice keeper I’m happy

Edinburgh Evening News saying Macey will be off down South later this week and links to us are "wide of the mark".

24 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If Parish is retained to allow Sinclair we get game time and we get a competent first choice keeper I’m happy

Aye long term Sinclair getting regular game time is probably the priority.

Parish can sit on the bench for the entire season instead, and hopefully will as we sign a proper first choice keeper.

Edinburgh Evening News saying Macey will be off down South later this week and links to us are "wide of the mark".

Lucky for you. Kicking is atrocious, let’s far too many shots slip through his hands, never makes a save you wouldn’t expect him to make. He’s had a touch if he gets a move to Luton.

15 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Rumour up this end is you've had a bid accepted for one of our Keepers.  Anyone know which one?

It's Lawlor (on the recommendation of Mark McGhee who's friendly with Davidson). I absolutely do not see St Johnstone following up on that though once they've done a bit of due diligence or opened their eyes.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's Lawlor (on the recommendation of Mark McGhee who's friendly with Davidson). I absolutely do not see St Johnstone following up on that though once they've done a bit of due diligence or opened their eyes.

😂

We're almost definitely shelling out £50k on him.