Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

What's James Dunne up to these days?

Matt Butcher is a free agent fwiw, but already been linked to Motherwell and St Mirren.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair enough, must have missed that at the time. 

Thinking about it Rotherham will be really pushing for promotion this year so I'd imagine Grigg would want to stay, even if we did want to pay the wages. 

Marc McNulty might be a shout! He has been very vocal about his time at Reading and may have burnt bridges down south due to this outburst! When you think of who up here he might end up at would be around the mid table teams now I would predict so might be a shout! Not saying he is any good just might be available!  

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Am I the only one who thinks they'll need to offload a forward before they even think about bringing one in?

And by that I'm not including Hendry.

I suppose Rooney and McCart would have been on pretty average wages for us, likewise Hendry, so will likely cost us more to replace them.

Brown might potentially tighten the purse strings as by staying up, we will have some VAR set up costs. Aside from the basics, I can imagine it will require a scoreboard upgrade, WiFi, cabling upgrades etc

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I suppose Rooney and McCart would have been on pretty average wages for us, likewise Hendry, so will likely cost us more to replace them.

I'd wonder if the wages of Ambrose, Butterfield and Ciftci were massive too?

We must've spent an absolute fortune this season.

26 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Wright MacPherson Crawford

Shitebag FC

He'll probably play James Brown at LWB too.

22 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Brown might potentially tighten the purse strings as by staying up, we will have some VAR set up costs. Aside from the basics, I can imagine it will require a scoreboard upgrade, WiFi, cabling upgrades etc

That's all capital cost though so won't really be a problem for wages. 

Ciftci is apparently expensive, so that will help. 

McNulty, no thanks. 

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd wonder if the wages of Ambrose, Butterfield and Ciftci were massive too?

We must've spent an absolute fortune this season.

Our accounts for the 20/21 season mentioned: "there is an overall increase in the Staff Costs and Other Operating Expenses of £650,000. This was due, in part, to a horrendous injury list during the term, which, at its height saw 18 players unavailable for periods in February 2021. The abnormally large playing squad, where and additional ten players were recruited between the end of the Summer Transfer Window and the end of the January Transfer Window, is not something we wish to repeat."

I mean, clearly your deals will be different but that's a frame of reference I guess.

47 minutes ago, AJF said:

Thread title needs updated, surely. Relegation Play Off Survivalists St Johnstone Thread?

No more than your profile picture needs to be changed to Big Ange kissing the league trophy.

Edited by gingermunkie