Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Vertainen's Instagram suggests (but doesn't prove) he wasn't at the game today but was up at Glenfinnan. 

No judgement on him at all as he's entirely free to do whatever he wants, just a shame if it suggests he won't be with us next season. I remain convinced he will come good even if it looks like all his Linfield goals came in one game. 

Of course, he could actually have been at the game. 

We need to get business done early. There’s no way we’re keeping Clark - he’ll go to Aberdeen or an English Championship side or something and be looking to stake a claim for regular Scotland caps after the World Cup.

But we should be throwing big contract offers at Hendry and Rooney for sure. I’d also like to keep Hallberg.

If Davidson is staying he’s got this window and a few weeks of the new season to get it right. We can’t go into next season starting MacPherson and/or Crawford in the middle and expect to improve. We need to get in the market early, sign well and go into next season with new ideas

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

can’t go into next season starting MacPherson and/or Crawford in the middle and expect to improve. We need to get in the market early, sign well and go into next season with new ideas

This for me, he mentioned speaking to muzz about a new contract as well. McPherson, Crawford and muzz signed, that is solid backup for me....we need 2 midfielders that are really first choice.........not sure that is what he thinks though, so I guess we take stalk and see..

If we are in the same position at Christmas next year however, there can be no second chances 

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm happy we stayed up but am I f**k celebrating a season like that. c***s clapping master strategist Davidson and him running about like he's won the league, aye on you go Saintees.

Shift him to a coaching role. I can't bear another year of it.

We can’t have another summer like last year and we can’t just rely on ‘that’ll do’ signings again. There’s so much complacency at the club, can only hope this scare has at least woken them up.

As it stands, our best 11 for next year is probably (based on players that are even half proven) 

Sinclair

Cleary Gordon Mahon

Brown Macpherson Hallberg Wotherspoon Gallacher/Booth

May Kane

24 players already signed up so don’t think the manager will have much wiggle room. The likes of Butterfield, Ciftci etc can go (former with thanks, the latter with a plane fare to make sure he doesn’t resurface) and better alternatives need to come in  

Obvious weaknesses are in goal, RWB, central mid (where we still lack energy and maybe creativity), we need more pace in the team and we need a semi reliable striker too. I doubt any of the out of contract players we’d really want to keep (Clark, Rooney, McCart, Hendry) will be here either.

I'm thinking Clark, Sang, Rooney, McCart, Craig, Butterfield, Bryson, Middleton, Hendry and Ciftci are all off.

Then you've got ones like Vertainen.

It's a huge rebuild this Summer and I'm nervous that it's already fucked if they've not already started.

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sinclair

Cleary Gordon Mahon

Brown Macpherson Hallberg Wotherspoon Gallacher/Booth

May Kane

Its horrible and those at the top of the management of the club should be utterly fucking ashamed of themselves.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm thinking Clark, Sang, Rooney, McCart, Craig, Butterfield, Bryson, Middleton, Hendry and Ciftci are all off.

It's a huge rebuild this Summer and I'm nervous that it's already fucked if they've not already started.

Let's be honest, when you've got core pieces walking out the door due to mishandling of their roles, there is no way we have appropriate replacements lined up on pre-contract. 

I agree, none of our top lads I don’t feel will stay. It’s a huge rebuild ahead and it’s going to be expensive. Hopefully the frights of this season mean the Browns will spend more than they ever have before. I’m already nervous about next season, we can’t rely on a team like Dundee losing most weeks next term

I’m delighted with tonight’s result but I can’t help but feel we’ve only delayed the inevitable. CD keeps his job now, our top players will leave and I think the Browns have lost interest. I don’t think they’ll invest what’s required to keep us comfortably up. Maybe I’m talking shite but it’s my gut feeling just now.

I was coming to terms with the prospect of Cove and Queens Park away at half time tonight and was starting to look forward to it. I’ll be raging we missed out on that if we have another dreadful season like we’ve just had.

Hendry’s lap at the end felt like a farewell, as did Zander’s.  Both will be huge losses.

Unfortunately I think McCart will be away as well, but out the four I have a slight bit of optimism that Rooney might sign again as he’s such a cult figure. Possibly feels he’s done everything he can with us though.

I thought Butterfield had another year signed with us. If not, he and Cifti will be away. Middleton probably won’t fancy returning for a third loan spell.  Don’t f**k about with Vertainen, either commit to giving him an opportunity if the management feel he could potentially offer something, if not cut our losses and move him on right now.

With so many players signed up we have a squad, but need to add quality. 5 or 6 players that would come in and be starters and raise the level of everyone. Easier said than done obviously.

Austin Samuels looks like the kind of pacey direct attacking player we’ve missed, wonder if we could work a loan deal there?

Aye I think Hendry, McCart & Clark are away and it’s hard to grudge them their moves.

Don’t f**k about get the renewals and transfer business going tomorrow, get season tickets renewals out by the end of the week and start firing out invitations to all those who bought online tickets today too.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All of them will be away and some will announce where the are going over the next week or so. At least 2 of them we will see at McD next season, just not for us.

Bar Clark, Rooney and Hendry, none of the rest are that much of a loss. Even then, you could argue we have already pre recruited replacements in a way in Jan, Bair, Mahon and Cleary are as much signings with a view to next year than this year. We will need a new RWB though. 

In goal, Parrish isn't the answer, but is Sinclair ready yet? I'm sure those inside the club will have a view. 

Just now, Nadroj said:

Quite a lot of chat that both Rooney, and Hendry are coming to us. 

I'd certainly be happy with the latter, and pretty content with Rooney too. You can have Jason Naismith free of charge. 

There is not a chance in hell Rooney will be going to you guys. Would be some signing, but not going to happen.