Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Allan Preston has used Saints since the day Davidson took over to either get his clients fixed up or get them better deals elsewhere.
Greg Stewart, Greg Kiltie, Graham Carey, Robbie Deas, Zak Rudden, Mark O'Hara, Craig Conway, Drey Wright and of course Davidson himself, all Preston clients.

Hasn’t given us a player in years or charged us a fee ever though. [emoji849]

"If we had got dragged into it, it would be a negative – a downer,” he pointed out.

“But I think we’ve been on the up.

“We couldn’t catch the teams above us – we left too big a gap.

“But we managed to go from 12th to 11th and have given ourselves a chance of staying in the league.

“That’s all we’ve done so far.

“We need to try and finish off the job and make sure we get good results against a very good Inverness team."

Happy to be corrected, but it's like he's still fucking at it this morning. Now claiming the gap meant catching 10th was never possible.

In a shocking twist he's announced that another "couple" of players have picked up injuries in training so are doubts.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Picked up on that quote as well. When the league resumed in January the bottom of the table was:

• 8. Livingston: 20 points (-10)
  • 9. St Mirren: 19 points (-13)
  • 10. Ross County: 18 points (-8)
  • 11. Dundee: 16 points (-19)
  • 12. St Johnstone: 14 points (-14)

He was then allowed to sign eight or nine new players, spending well over £100,000.

The damage was actually done when we failed to beat Dundee and/or United at home just after the break. They were, at the time, probably the two easiest fixtures we had remaining. 

Whilst there was never really again a group of teams we could catch, there were opportunities to reel those closest to us back in and we made a mess every time; the defeat in Dingwall, settling for a draw at Dens when we had all the momentum, then that St Mirren home game. 

Hopefully down to counting on one hand the number of Davidson interviews left to endure. 

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Picked up on that quote as well. When the league resumed in January the bottom of the table was:

• 8. Livingston: 20 points (-10)
  • 9. St Mirren: 19 points (-13)
  • 10. Ross County: 18 points (-8)
  • 11. Dundee: 16 points (-19)
  • 12. St Johnstone: 14 points (-14)

He was then allowed to sign eight or nine new players, spending well over £100,000.

The damage was actually done when we failed to beat Dundee and/or United at home just after the break. They were, at the time, probably the two easiest fixtures we had remaining. 

Whilst there was never really again a group of teams we could catch, there were opportunities to reel those closest to us back in and we made a mess every time; the defeat in Dingwall, settling for a draw at Dens when we had all the momentum, then that St Mirren home game. 

Hopefully down to counting on one hand the number of Davidson interviews left to endure. 

So in January were 4, 6 and 7 points behind Dundee, County and St Mirren respectively. After the Kelty game we have;

- Failed to beat Dundee / Utd at home, or even score against either.

- Thrown away a lead and taken zero points against County (we chucked away a point at home before Christmas too)

- Again took a one goal lead away at St Mirren and threw away all 3 points in one of the worst, if not the worst, performance of the season. Then again lost to them at home in another embarrassment of a performance.

Against the 3 clubs that were around about us at the bottom of the table for most of the season, we've managed;

- Dundee : 5 points from a potential 12

- County 1 /9

- St Mirren 2/12

So that's 8 points from a total of 33 potentially available from our direct relegation rivals, and we bottled it when we had the crunch games. 

Dire.

He's here for the long haul, I think folk need to stop clinging to hope and actually make it happen. The only way to get him out would be fan pressure.

We go down he stays, we stay up he goes.

Not sure why I think that, but I’ve just got the feeling.

43 minutes ago, Radford said:

The damage was actually done when we failed to beat Dundee and/or United at home just after the break.

Which was obvious to everyone, except the manager who had us in our shell as he tried to "build some form" by drawing endless amounts of game with less than half a season left.

It seems like the pressure / issues this season have taken their toll on Davidson - the things he's coming out with in these interviews are increasingly bizarre.

Why say we couldn't catch the teams above - we clearly could. What's the point in even mentioning it at this stage.

Whatever happens I think it would be better not just for Saints but for him if he left at the end of the season. He always seemed a decent guy previously.

On 18/05/2022 at 09:42, PauloPerth said:

I also think Sweeny at Dundee is worth a look. Big, aggressive defender who give a goal threat at set pieces, which we have really lacked this season. 

Dream on, he's under contract. Worse than the DAB idiots thinking their going to get Max Anderson.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Why say we couldn't catch the teams above - we clearly could. What's the point in even mentioning it at this stage.

He's building a wee narrative to save his managerial career that the last five months have been a success and the next two games could represent a triumph. 

16 hours ago, Miguel Simao said:

I see Inverness have opened up 3 more sections behind the goal(with the front 3 rows removed for some reason)

I think it's because of the pitch invaders from Killie and the club want to try and keep fans a little bit further back from the front of the stand so the stewards can control anyone trying to rush onto the pitch.

So you can blame your Meh Derby rivals for that.

I think it's because of the pitch invaders from Killie and the club want to try and keep fans a little bit further back from the front of the stand so the stewards can control anyone trying to rush onto the pitch.

So you can blame your Meh Derby rivals for that.
Those good for nothing Killie b*****ds, no wonder the meh derby is such a heated affair.

Those good for nothing Killie b*****ds, no wonder the meh derby is such a heated affair.

The FLOV have apparently bunged the ref to throw the match invernesses way out of fear that the Meh will be too much for their staff.

6 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

He's building a wee narrative to save his managerial career that the last five months have been a success and the next two games could represent a triumph. 

He’s been at it all season, just under the guise of opinion pieces in the courier which have been blaming absolutely everyone at the club except Davidson. 

Looks like the club have sold me and my dad's seats already and have completely pied us today despite promising to phone with an update about 40 hours ago.

Great stuff. Love this club.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like the club have sold me and my dad's seats already and have completely pied us today despite promising to phone with an update about 40 hours ago.

There we go, an email. 

I've to wait until Monday to find out if I've got a ticket for a game on Monday.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought they had blocked ST seats off?