Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Something like this has been long overdue but was now the right time? Don’t think it’ll have the desired impact on a side with such a weak mentality 

After Davidson’s recent comments it’s maybe best they also know the fans opinions on this seasons performance.

5 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I think the big thing since Hendry has returned is a level of maturity and control that he didn’t have before. He still plays aggressively but he’s cut out the lunging in and constant danger of being sent off.

It’s just a shame he had to go away for half the season to get that.

the main reason I wasn't keen on him signing for us was due to this. Had a wild red against us and could have had more.

Never saw him do it once for us but then was at it again when he went back to you guys. I just assumed he was taking the piss.

"We're confident that we’ll go up there and play as the manager wants us to." 

I largely don't have a problem with many of the players that have made up the bulk of our side this season. They've tried their best in the main. I won't be upset if most of them leave but I wouldn't question the effort they've largely given. There are maybe exceptions but if we are relegated, the second part of the quote above from Hallberg is the reason why. 

“We’re going up there to try and win”

Has Callum just lost all confidence in himself or something? Won’t surprise me if we’re drawing 1-1 and he plays it safe like at Dens.

I see Inverness have opened up 3 more sections behind the goal(with the front 3 rows removed for some reason) Looking like we'll have around 1.5k which is decent considering the lack of buses available.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is the second leg of the play-offs an all-ticket affair? 

It is. East stand is basically sold out but they've not even opened behind the goal yet so plenty available atm.

I see Inverness have opened up 3 more sections behind the goal(with the front 3 rows removed for some reason) Looking like we'll have around 1.5k which is decent considering the lack of buses available.
It is. East stand is basically sold out but they've not even opened behind the goal yet so plenty available atm.

Will they need to open the ormond? I doubt it myself.

F*ck me, given it's the BBC there's a chance he's been misquoted but I bet he hasn't:

"It's huge for the club," Davidson added. "We don't want to be in this position but St Johnstone don't have the right to be in the Premiership."

F*ck me, given it's the BBC there's a chance he's been misquoted but I bet he hasn't:
"It's huge for the club," Davidson added. "We don't want to be in this position but St Johnstone don't have the right to be in the Premiership."

He’s trying to lower expectations that have been set from last seasons success. If anything it’s pissed the fans off more.

What a thing to say before the final. It’s alright lads, you can down tools. After all, we don’t have a right to be a top flight club.

What a fucking clown of a man.

55 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Will they need to open the ormond? I doubt it myself.

It was open against St Mirren and there isn’t many tickets left out with the main stand, so you’d like to think the demand would be there.

Edited by Miguel Simao

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

What a thing to say before the final. It’s alright lads, you can down tools. After all, we don’t have a right to be a top flight club.

What a fucking clown of a man.

Presumably, much like last time he said it just a few weeks ago, he's attempting to tell the players they need to work to earn a top flight spot next season rather than just assuming they'll get it.

He's incredibly clumsy with how he words things and really needs someone helping him PR wise. 

Shouldn't have read on to boil over at the nonsense Allan Preston is spewing:

"Callum… has to undertake a major rebuild. The chairman has got to support him and they've got to say 'we don't want another season like this'.

Like all that money wasted in January on players who've hardly played never happened

Allan Preston has used Saints since the day Davidson took over to either get his clients fixed up or get them better deals elsewhere.

Greg Stewart, Greg Kiltie, Graham Carey, Robbie Deas, Zak Rudden, Mark O'Hara, Craig Conway, Drey Wright and of course Davidson himself, all Preston clients.

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

Allan Preston has used Saints since the day Davidson took over to either get his clients fixed up or get them better deals elsewhere.

Greg Stewart, Greg Kiltie, Graham Carey, Robbie Deas, Zak Rudden, Mark O'Hara, Craig Conway, Drey Wright and of course Davidson himself, all Preston clients.

I almost prefer Clive.

On 18/05/2022 at 09:42, PauloPerth said:

If we do manage to stay up, I wouldn't have minded us bringing in Jason Holt from Livi, if he was out of contract. Keeps the ball, reliable, will battle for the cause. Not spectacular but always looks a 6 or 7/10 player when we play them. He was coming onto a game with us when the season ended and he left.

I also think Sweeny at Dundee is worth a look. Big, aggressive defender who give a goal threat at set pieces, which we have really lacked this season. 

As for forwards, that we're badly in need of, there's not many in our price range in this league that I can think of.

Holt is under contract for next season, I think we're also discussing an extension to his deal. As it stands though he's out of contract 2023