Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

I had assumed that Efe & Hector-Ingram were Davidson signings and Bair was HoR signing. 

I was assuming the poster was saying Bair and Hector-Ingram weren't good enough because they hadn't been played, and that's not a fair way to judge them seeing as Davidsons judgement on players is questionable. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was assuming the poster was saying Bair and Hector-Ingram weren't good enough because they hadn't been played, and that's not a fair way to judge them seeing as Davidsons judgement on players is questionable. 

Ah sorry!

I’ve head cannoned that there’s something really weird about the Hector-Ingram signing, like he’s ineligible or something. There’s been way too many comments from people who probably are ITK, that suggest it’s a total farce anyway.

15 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Ah sorry!

I’ve head cannoned that there’s something really weird about the Hector-Ingram signing, like he’s ineligible or something. There’s been way too many comments from people who probably are ITK, that suggest it’s a total farce anyway.

He was a signed purely as back up as Chris Kane was confirmed out for the season and Ciftci’s injury was feared worse at the time than it turned out.

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Just makes the plan to play for a 0-0 tomorrow all the more justifiable. If it comes off, then fine. Great. Hopefully the game at Celtic Park doesn’t come back to bite us 

Aberdeen have 0 wins in their last 8 away games, and just 2 wins in their last 12 games.

Half their squad has been told its getting punted.

Playing for a draw would be the exact same cowardly mistake as when we went to Easter Road and played for a draw. Just win the fucking game.

That late Livi equaliser on Saturday gave me a bad feeling that 6 points ahead with 2 games left and a significantly superior goal difference, though not an impossible deficit to overhaul, was all just set up too perfectly for a fairytale finish for Dundee.

We will be so nervous and cagey tomorrow night that I would absolutely rip your hand off for a brutally shite 1-1 draw.

Us losing by 2 tomorrow then 1 at the weekend isn’t that far a stretch and would leave Dundee just needing a 2 goal win at Livi.

Could well be a moment of madness by a player or a dodgy refereeing decision reducing us to 10 and getting beaten by a few and that GD advantage is gone.

Hopefully just knicker wetting, but if it does come to pass, only ourselves to blame.  Regardless of everything else this season, only taking 2 points in matches against a collection of absolutely shite opposition with little to play for post-split would be some going!

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen have 0 wins in their last 8 away games, and just 2 wins in their last 12 games.

Half their squad has been told its getting punted.

Playing for a draw would be the exact same cowardly mistake as when we went to Easter Road and played for a draw. Just win the fucking game.

I share that view, I can think of someone who won’t though 

As I've already said, you can't wish relegation on your club because good people, that had nothing to do with the failure of the first team, will likely lose their jobs. 

But on a purely footballing basis, I now genuinely believe the best way to guarantee the best opportunity of moving forward is automatic relegation over the next few days. 

It hurts to say that and I'm not pleased or proud to be doing so but it's sadly how I'm left feeling.

Even if Dundee had been shafted 5-0 tonight, a part of me knows that Davidson would play for a 0-0 tomorrow. I can't even pretend I can be bothered to go through and watch. What a waste of a season ticket this year.

Edited by Mr Heliums

15 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'm at the point now where I welcome death's sweet release. A Charlie Adam led resurgence is all too attractive.

Jamama will be on soon talking about fairytales......

I just want it to end with the hobbit out on his arse, relegation or not.

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I share that view, I can think of someone who won’t though 

No no, Davidson does want us to be more attacking and try and win games, it's simply that every single week every single player defies his instructions.

Jamama will be on soon talking about fairytales......

Not sure I’d regard Dundee managing to finish above us as a fairytale but it would be a ‘great escape’ if they did so and won the play-off. Which would be a vile end to the season.

But yes as I said before, the fairytale finish would be Dundee down and Arbroath to beat us in the PO. It would be a magical Scottish footballing story for the Lichties and I, like many other Scottish fans, would take great pleasure from this.

For us, hopefully it would mean CD gets his jotters. Then we would all have Cove away to look forward to. And also Airdrie/QP - two away days I am yet to tick off. Partick away of course means a day out in Glasgow too. Inverness away as well...it’s a mouth watering prospect.

What’s the alternative? We survive relegation, CD keeps his job and it’s another season of that utter pish? No thank you. Last season dreams were realised when the full time whistle blew at Hampden and the cup double was confirmed. Now we can start dreaming again, this time of that full time whistle going at Gayfield confirming our relegation. #ibelieve

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Lads, Bryson is now out for the season.

The idea that Davidson was going to throw a player that hasn't played since whenever into these important games is just another huge black mark against him. 

Of course Craig Bryson is better than some of the guys playing but there's absolutely no way he would have been up to speed. 

I get the sentiment, but every fanbase whose team have had a few years in the Premiership and get relegated talk about one exciting season of diddy swording, romping the title and trips to exciting new venues for a bit of variety.

Apart from killie and hearts, the reality is 3 years later a trip to Inverness on a Tuesday night to watch a dour 1-1 draw in front of less than a thousand hardy folk to keep us in 4th.

The drop off in quality we’d be watching every week is massive. If we had a batch of exciting young players on the cusp of the first team who could be brought in to speed their development then it might not be so bad. 

We need to stay up and use some of the cash to overhaul the squad. Clear out a few of this year’s panic signings and look to bring in a few reliable Premiership players added to a few creative players and start a new evolution.

This season could either turn into a blip we survive but use to re-build, or see us quickly slide into being just another Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Ayr, Dunfermline, Falkirk etc for a good few years.

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

The idea that Davidson was going to throw a player that hasn't played since whenever into these important games is just another huge black mark against him. 

Of course Craig Bryson is better than some of the guys playing but there's absolutely no way he would have been up to speed. 

He’s not played since Boxing Day, so seems the plan was to throw a 36 year old who hasn’t played for 6 months into the two games that would determine what league we play in next season. 

Don’t think I’ve ever felt so detached from Saints as I do right now. I can take us being shite - worst I’ve ever seen us was probably the John Connolly season and still went to all the home games and any away games I was able to get to - but this guy has sucked all the joy out of supporting the club. The team has no personality, no ambition, he’s wasted a fortune on players we will probably never see and he’s blaming absolutely everyone to try and absolve himself of responsibility for this season. The interviews he’s given this week have managed to lower my opinion of him further which I wasn’t sure was possible. 

Regardless of the league we’re in next year I’ll not be renewing my season ticket if Davidson is still at the club. Not going to claim I won’t be back because I’ll likely pick and choose some games but this shit has gone far enough now.