Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

The irony meter is off the scale here in that you are accusing people of being easily pleased about a defender that played hundreds of games for us after arriving on trial, won the first division & challenge cup, scored in a Scottish cup final win, was in multiple top 6/qualifying for Europe sides and was generally a perfectly competent top flight player whilst at the same time offering a defence of Cameron McPherson not being all that bad.  Think it is clear to see who is easily pleased here.   

Never ever said Ando was anything less than competent,but never deserved the blame free opinions he got on here.Never said CM is the answer but said he was as good as Hallberg and Muzz at getting the ball moving on Saturday but those two were exempt from flack.Folk are so quick to condemn young relatively inexperienced players,Fisher and Ralston being two recently,who weren’t up to Saints apparently,but have done well enough.

3 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Can say what you want about Random but why does Shite like this get posted when people don’t have a reply to what he’s said? First Robbie Thomson, now you. What part of what he said do you not agree with? 

All of it,too soon to judge McPherson imo,still relatively inexperienced,and the manager can’t compensate for late sales in summer,with no time to buy someone,or the loss of Spoony. Callum deserves flack for being stubborn and negative,but he’s changed our results since Kelty,which is what was required, I’ve never been one for wanting anyone sacked in their job,as it’s not my prerogative 

32 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Wouldn’t recommend listening to the full press conference…

I made the horrendous mistake of watching one of those for the first time in months today. When the rouser-in-chief laughed off the idea that we've underachieved this season, I almost choked on my chocolate digestives. Had to replay the moment and his gormless laugh so many times that the Saints TV video player put up a warning.

10 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Believe me,he’s insignificant in my life,as you are,and he’ll never get me raging,🤡🤡

I wouldn’t want to jump in uninvited or cast any doubts upon the authenticity of your statement, but I feel like the use of emojis might indicate that you’re raging.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I wouldn’t want to jump in uninvited or cast any doubts upon the authenticity of your statement, but I feel like the use of emojis might indicate that you’re raging.

Merely replicating the op’s post , but thanks for caring enough to post 

49 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Never ever said Ando was anything less than competent,but never deserved the blame free opinions he got on here.Never said CM is the answer but said he was as good as Hallberg and Muzz at getting the ball moving on Saturday but those two were exempt from flack.Folk are so quick to condemn young relatively inexperienced players,Fisher and Ralston being two recently,who weren’t up to Saints apparently,but have done well enough.

Tbf I might be wrong but I don’t remember Fisher and Ralston being ‘condemned’ (especially Fisher). I recall them both being reasonably competent, if not setting the heather alight.

I get the impression you’re the kind of guy who still wants Liam Caddis playing centre mid for us though.

15 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tbf I might be wrong but I don’t remember Fisher and Ralston being ‘condemned’ (especially Fisher). I recall them both being reasonably competent, if not setting the heather alight.

I get the impression you’re the kind of guy who still wants Liam Caddis playing centre mid for us though.

Your impression is wrong then as is your memory 

It's impossible to like Davidson at this stage, what's he doing?

We've gone from a manager in TW who'd fight anyone who mocked the club to Davidson who tells us we've no divine right to be in the top flight and that avoiding relegation is like a major trophy.

Now at the stage where I'll accept relegation if it gets him out the club, he's just getting everything wrong. Saddled us with a shit squad, is forcing fans away with his "system", and is now belittling the club in public. He so clearly thinks we're below him so let him f**k off and see where he lands.

As poor as the MacPherson and Crawford signings have been the real problem is with the forwards..Over the past two seasons we have brought in Melamed, Eetu, Ciftci, Bair, Hector-Ingram and not one of them (with the possible limited exception of Melamed) has looked like a starting player.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

15 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Bair, Hector-Ingram

Based on the opinion of someone who thought Efe Ambrose could replace Jason Kerr?