Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Ok Daniel,taking the knock back well then? 

Can say what you want about Random but why does Shite like this get posted when people don’t have a reply to what he’s said? First Robbie Thomson, now you. What part of what he said do you not agree with? 

There’s nothing redeemable about Macpherson for me. Get him benched, loan him our next year and hope there’s another more foolish club willing to take him.

Craig remains active looking to block space and then moves in to defend any rebound after a save.
"Cammy" stops at the edge of the box and just stands watching play go around him.
That's his flaw, he's horrendous at ball watching and folk run off him.
He's not one you can trust defensively, and he doesn't offer any goal threat, so what's the point of him? He barely keeps the ball better than the others because he generally ends every 3rd move with a moronic Hollywood pass that goes out for a throw in or falls short.
Given a choice I'd have him ahead of Ali Crawford, simply because MacPherson is younger and might still develop, but by all accounts he already thinks he's the finished model so I'd have my doubts. The idea he's anywhere close to Ali McCanns level is genuinely hilarious.
The signings of him and Crawford sum up our shit squad and shit manager. Two absolutely fucking nothing, shitebag, players who saunter about the park knowing the shitebag manager isn't going to do anything when they f**k up. The idea we have any of the three beyond this season is nauseating, they can all get to absolute f**k tomorrow and take about 10 others alongside them.

This actually is the best thing I can think of. He swags about the pitch acting like he’s already made it. It’s embarrassing.

When he first joined I could forgive it as looking a bit rough and getting used to a new side but not now.

I can’t believe this discussion about an absolute abomination of a midfielder includes someone having a pop at club legend Steven Anderson, who no doubt had his flaws but played 400 games for a reason - namely he was a damn good player and widely respected as such by his peers and fans of other teams.

I watched an interview with Dick Campbell before their game against Kilmarnock and he said something so simple yet so true. He said “Bringing players into a football club, they must be better than what you’ve got. Why would you sign a player that’s not as good as what you’ve got?”

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I watched an interview with Dick Campbell before their game against Kilmarnock and he said something so simple yet so true. He said “Bringing players into a football club, they must be better than what you’ve got. Why would you sign a player that’s not as good as what you’ve got?”

In an ideal world yes but in life there are no guarantees so it's really just a cliché.

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Ok Daniel,taking the knock back well then? 

57 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Can say what you want about Random but why does Shite like this get posted when people don’t have a reply to what he’s said? First Robbie Thomson, now you. What part of what he said do you not agree with? 

You can add Jim Spence and Eric Nicholson to the apologists. No one can adequately defend what we’ve witnessed unfold this season.

3 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Softest cb I’ve seen at Saints,bullied by every cf with any kind of strength,dived into stupid challenges at half way line,but he scored 20 goals in over 400 appearances,so a superstar, is the easily pleased eyes,hth

The irony meter is off the scale here in that you are accusing people of being easily pleased about a defender that played hundreds of games for us after arriving on trial, won the first division & challenge cup, scored in a Scottish cup final win, was in multiple top 6/qualifying for Europe sides and was generally a perfectly competent top flight player whilst at the same time offering a defence of Cameron McPherson not being all that bad.  Think it is clear to see who is easily pleased here.   

Edited by Costanza

4a2d4f74490bcb584baadfa67b6cb7c06a9334d4.gifv
Is he trying to make this some sort of achievement if we scrape a play off win after finishing 11th in one of the worst quality leagues we've seen in years?

I get what he’s trying to do, and a club like ours should expect to be in relegation battles on occasion, but this season absolutely should not have been one of them.

Comments like this are only going to annoy the supporters. The same support base that is slowly dwindling.

What a loser. This is what happens when you’ve got two passive shirkers in the highest positions of responsibility within a football club. You need someone to show ambition and force this chairman’s hand, much like Tommy did. Callum Davidson and Steve Brown both reek of small-team mentality. We’ve been sleepwalking to this point, and things won’t change if this manager remains in charge and our chairman refuses to get him punted in spite of the numerous red flags.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

By the season end i can see this getting a bit nasty. The wee words at Kelty will seem like a cakewalk compared to the vitriol that's coming the shitebags way.

To a certain extent, IF we stay up via the playoffs, it is better for CD to get a needed victory by small margin in 2nd leg than to have it done and dusted after the first. Fans relief at staying up would outweighs the anger of how the season has gone, but if we (and its unlikely) have it done after the first leg or early in the 2nd, fans will have time to ramp up the frustrations which will inevitably come out.

I was fully behind CD for pretty much all of this season, but the last few months and hos comments today and in relation to Ciftci etc have put me right off him. Does he generally believe or expect anyone yo believe that staying up is a bigger achievement than winning the double the previous season? Could almost see it if he was comparing to success with different players a generation or two ago, but this Smacks of someone who feels he has to say something, but doesn't have the experience to put into contact the challenge to reverts to a well worn trope.