Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I mean the board can't be totally blind to the effect it would on season ticket renewals? Maybe Brown would just put it down to the relative successes (or lack thereof) in the two seasons but surely must recognise that sticking with a regime that is averaging way under a goal a game at home is going to decimate the healthy sales from last summer? I mean a relegation scrap I can accept but the mind numbing football by numbers dirge is harder to stomac.

I can almost see the August headlines now blaming us for not turning out in enough numbers for not getting a new striker

20 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I mean the board can't be totally blind to the effect it would on season ticket renewals? 

They probably believe its just a "vocal minority" who think we need a change.

44 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

I mean the board can't be totally blind to the effect it would on season ticket renewals? Maybe Brown would just put it down to the relative successes (or lack thereof) in the two seasons but surely must recognise that sticking with a regime that is averaging way under a goal a game at home is going to decimate the healthy sales from last summer? I mean a relegation scrap I can accept but the mind numbing football by numbers dirge is harder to stomac.

I can almost see the August headlines now blaming us for not turning out in enough numbers for not getting a new striker

Bulletproof will just have a pop at the fans not being there when the club needs them or some pish.

There's no way Davidson is sacked until either relegation looks likely next season or promotion looks unlikely.

A lovely slow-mo of Glenn shouting ‘f**k off’ there. Strange way to celebrate a goal, but each to their own. Had he been getting abuse before this? Maybe just a release of general frustration after being on the bench for so long. Either way, I’d favour this over showing no emotion whatsoever.

Edited by The Real Saints

46 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

A lovely slow-mo of Glenn shouting ‘f**k off’ there. Strange way to celebrate a goal, but each to their own. Had he been getting abuse before this? Maybe just a release of general frustration after being on the bench for so long. Either way, I’d favour this over showing no emotion whatsoever.

Need passion like that imo,he got booked for celebration there last game,so maybe thought better of coming over to the fans. Thought he showed a good attitude when he came on,worked hard to get up with Callum ,but he didn’t square it,then denied by a good save from keeper

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Never did Steven MacLean any harm.  To be encouraged.  

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They probably believe its just a "vocal minority" who think we need a change.

Don't forget about the "keyboard warriors".  Spencey isn't a fan of them and without any sense of irony describes them as "dunderheeds".  

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Don't forget about the "keyboard warriors".  Spencey isn't a fan of them and without any sense of irony describes them as "dunderheeds".  

Described people who want Callum out as “Dafties” and “Disgraceful” on the courier podcast 

Funny looking back at all the jokes people made about where Davidson can go after last season, always had a soft spot for St Johnstone  and its wild to see the rubber band effect from last season to this. I'd have thought the cup double would give a bit of license for Davidson for a good few years. Was really hoping Aberdeen could get dragged into the playoffs but not to be. Good luck to you guys, Arbroath are on a flier and it would be a shame for their season to not have that fairytale ending. 

23 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Just watched the Livi goal back from Saturday and hadn’t actually noticed how passive Cammy MacPherson is - nearly unforgivable. Hallbergs reaction is pleasing, I guess. 

He's absolutely dreadful.

Genuinely hate the little p***k.

17 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Just watched the Livi goal back from Saturday and hadn’t actually noticed how passive Cammy MacPherson is - nearly unforgivable. Hallbergs reaction is pleasing, I guess. 

I've said it since the first time I saw him play for us, but he looks like he has no idea what he's meant to be doing, particularly when we don't have the ball. He seems to have zero awareness on the pitch. He's always a couple of seconds behind everyone else in reacting to what's happening/going to happen, which means he's usually too late to close someone down or get a tackle in, or ends up just wandering around looking lost, or occassionally running around like a headless chicken, flinging himself into daft tackles. Nowhere near good enough for this level, and that's even before we get onto his set pieces......

16 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

I've said it since the first time I saw him play for us, but he looks like he has no idea what he's meant to be doing, particularly when we don't have the ball. He seems to have zero awareness on the pitch. He's always a couple of seconds behind everyone else in reacting to what's happening/going to happen, which means he's usually too late to close someone down or get a tackle in, or ends up just wandering around looking lost, or occassionally running around like a headless chicken, flinging himself into daft tackles. Nowhere near good enough for this level, and that's even before we get onto his set pieces......

Master strategist Davidson has had months to work on this, McPherson has had months to take in what he's being told. It seems that one, possibly both, are as thick as shit.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

This is just nitpicking at this point.  

So many others at some sort of fault way before any blame can be pointed at CM.

Our passage of play that lead to Hendry having the ball out wide.

Hendry then losing the ball and Muzz needlessly flying into a tackle (shock) to give away the set piece.

Free header for the flick towards goal then static defending after Zander’s save leading to a free man to have a shot at goal.