Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

See, I was pretty close to the front when Middleton scored but didn’t notice this (he was clearly buzzing to score for his own personal reasons, if he wants to get it up us then cool
fine I hope his 1 goal all season gets him the contract he deserves in England’s league 2)

At the end, I was much more concerned with the fact the manager didn’t come to a pretty decent away support and applaud them. If he did, I missed it. Rooney, Hendry, Gordon, Clark, Hallberg made a point of coming over. I thought it was a bit shit the manager didn’t considering the backing was there again, as it has been all season. Less said about the other players the better.

Callum Davidson doesn’t have a divine right to manage St Johnstone. The cups were great and he deserves all of the credit for that - people say we were lucky but end of the day he lead us there and he set us up in a way that made us dominate two cup finals. Fair play.

But this year, he’s led us to 11th and this is the most depressing Saints side I’ve ever seen. Our “attacks” come from the centre backs passing it between themselves and then punting it down the line. We play a formation that suits no one. 11 square pegs. If we stay up, and he doesn’t go at the end of the season we’re destined to get relegated next year. If we go down - surely he’s gone? Surely?

You don't win two cups in the same season by being "lucky".

See, I was pretty close to the front when Middleton scored but didn’t notice this (he was clearly buzzing to score for his own personal reasons, if he wants to get it up us then cool
fine I hope his 1 goal all season gets him the contract he deserves in England’s league 2)

At the end, I was much more concerned with the fact the manager didn’t come to a pretty decent away support and applaud them. If he did, I missed it. Rooney, Hendry, Gordon, Clark, Hallberg made a point of coming over. I thought it was a bit shit the manager didn’t considering the backing was there again, as it has been all season. Less said about the other players the better.

Callum Davidson doesn’t have a divine right to manage St Johnstone. The cups were great and he deserves all of the credit for that - people say we were lucky but end of the day he lead us there and he set us up in a way that made us dominate two cup finals. Fair play.

But this year, he’s led us to 11th and this is the most depressing Saints side I’ve ever seen. Our “attacks” come from the centre backs passing it between themselves and then punting it down the line. We play a formation that suits no one. 11 square pegs. If we stay up, and he doesn’t go at the end of the season we’re destined to get relegated next year. If we go down - surely he’s gone? Surely?

I think he goes if we stay up but stays if we go down. The money it’ll cost to sack him will have the board boaking.

We've no divine right to mount a coherent attack or have the odd shot at goal during a match. We drew with East Stirling once in front of 26 people at Muirton Park before going home for a dinner of gruel and rice pudding. You people don't know you are born.

Edited by Costanza

Davidson acting like a cock and saying stupid shit shouldn’t be a shock at this point, but that comment in his BBC interview post match just sums up the whole issue at Saints this season and it all stems from him. Sooner he fucks off the better. Just a pity he didn’t get any of the English jobs he applied for. 

53 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think he goes if we stay up but stays if we go down. The money it’ll cost to sack him will have the board boaking.

It might be there's a clause that reduces the compensation if we're relegated, but I dunno.

He still needs to go for me. Yesterday better but was that down to what he done or players trying to regain some pride? The changes helped so kudos for that I guess, but the players dropped are ones who shouldn't have been regulars anyway. The Middleton sub good timing too but I didn't like how he handled the Gordon injury. We spent about 3/4 minutes a man down while they rebuilt his nose when you really need your manager to be a bit more decisive and have trust in a player he spent 6 figures on.

Short term yesterday showed me we can stay up, but long term it didn't change anything.

You don't win two cups in the same season by being "lucky".

This was my point. It was and always will be a great achievement.

But this season is a clusterfuck and we need to make a change before we lose all of the newly inspired fans, the FCU etc to whatever they did on a Saturday before this season.

5 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

This was my point. It was and always will be a great achievement.

But this season is a clusterfuck and we need to make a change before we lose all of the newly inspired fans, the FCU etc to whatever they did on a Saturday before this season.

I was agreeing with you...

7 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

He’s got a habit of doing this and it really, really bugs me. It’s such a small detail that I probably shouldn’t be bothered either way, but it’s not difficult to walk over and clap

12 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

He’s got a habit of doing this and it really, really bugs me. It’s such a small detail that I probably shouldn’t be bothered either way, but it’s not difficult to walk over and clap

It's probably worse because he's followed TW. Can you picture this all happening with Davidson?

He's a really hard person to connect with as a football fan. You see almost zero passion or anything from him, maybe the odd aggressive gesture from the touchline, and his interviews are just woefully boring all the time. Even yesterday Collum went over to him acting like an arse and he just took it with a smile. Martindale having words with Clark after the final whistle and Davidson was vanished, TW would've been getting stuck right in there and defending his men. Even the Kelty debacle, where the f**k was Davidson for that? I still don't know. You think any other manager allows that to happen without getting involved?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even the Kelty debacle, where the f**k was Davidson for that? I still don't know. You think any other manager allows that to happen without getting involved?

I’m 90% sure he hung fire and stayed either in the dugout or at the halfway line. I think I’d actually pay money to see the same sort of thing happen with Tommy Wright as manager. Chaos. 

That video just makes me fall in love with TW all over again. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Surely we only have to suffer Calum Davidson for four more games. Even if we stay up he has to go. We cannot have any more of all this negativity. We need a completely different set-up.
Thanks for the cups and goodbye.

1 hour ago, Broughty said:

Surely we only have to suffer Calum Davidson for four more games. Even if we stay up he has to go. We cannot have any more of all this negativity. We need a completely different set-up.
Thanks for the cups and goodbye.

That's not the way the chairman sees it I suspect.

Stay up and it's been the correct decision to keep him.

Relegation and he's deserved the chance to get us back up because of the double season.

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

That's not the way the chairman sees it I suspect.

Stay up and it's been the correct decision to keep him.

Relegation and he's deserved the chance to get us back up because of the double season.

At recent hospitality the chairman as good as confirmed this