Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Hector Ingram has signed for another Scottish side for next season.

Source: my pal who was speaking to him in town yesterday. Apparently he’s been injured since just after he signed.

Surely nobodies surprised anymore?

The moment they printed Davidsons "nothing to do with me!" article last year, placing the blame entirely at Boyd and Grieve, it was clear they had no interest in any balanced judgement.

I'm 100% certain Ciftci has been dropped today simply because Nicolson dared to say he's been a poor signing in his latest article.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely nobodies surprised anymore?

The moment they printed Davidsons "nothing to do with me!" article last year, placing the blame entirely at Boyd and Grieve, it was clear they had no interest in any balanced judgement.

I'm 100% certain Ciftci has been dropped today simply because Nicolson dared to say he's been a poor signing in his latest article.

Definitely not surprised but it's getting ridiculous now. 

Managers have been dealt FAR worse hands than Davidson has this season and kept squads performing.

There's a lot of factors for this mess but Davidson is as culpable as anyone and this bizarre defense of him is actually getting embarrassing now 🤣

Somethings been bugging me for a wee while.

People say we’re not a sacking club, but who can tell me how many managers we’ve actually sacked?

I’m at 6 off the top of my head. 5 in the last 30 years.

Was rolling my eyes at Spence on this week’s Courier podcast. I thought Sean put across everyone’s frustrations well.

It’s entirely reasonable that plenty of sensible fans are just scunnered with this season now. A bit too much evidence from on the park for it to just be moonhowlers, as is the main media line. 

Last edit! Given the frustrations in our fanbase over how this season has gone I’ve not felt like it’s gotten toxic. There’s still plenty of support being shown for the team - it feels possible to want to support the team but also want to see some possibility of an upturn.

Edited by hamicle

29 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Definitely not surprised but it's getting ridiculous now. 

Managers have been dealt FAR worse hands than Davidson has this season and kept squads performing.

There's a lot of factors for this mess but Davidson is as culpable as anyone and this bizarre defense of him is actually getting embarrassing now 🤣

At least with Spence you can put it down to him just being a complete moron. The other two are just embarrassing. 

Like nobodies expecting them to be demanding Davidsons head, but it would be nice if they weren't just club mouthpieces.

I didn't realise anyone actually listened to the Courier podcast. Is that the one called 'Twa Teams' or do they have another equally horrendous podcast?

I'm really glad that Tam Duthie is off the scene in terms of articles and I know Sean Hamilton is his replacement as top dog, but his coverage was a bit meh as well. Then came Liam Kennedy who loved the gutter press.

We've lucked out with George Cran despite the fact he loves an odd exclusive that is pretty much copy and pasted from here.

Feel for you guys that you're lumbered with Nicholson!

Edited by Ludo*1

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least with Spence you can put it down to him just being a complete moron. The other two are just embarrassing. 

Like nobodies expecting them to be demanding Davidsons head, but it would be nice if they weren't just club mouthpieces.

Sean Hamilton seems ok but the others are very disappointing. 

25 minutes ago, hamicle said:

Was rolling my eyes at Spence on this week’s Courier podcast. I thought Sean put across everyone’s frustrations well.

It’s entirely reasonable that plenty of sensible fans are just scunnered with this season now. A bit too much evidence from on the park for it to just be moonhowlers, as is the main media line. 

Last edit! Given the frustrations in our fanbase over how this season has gone I’ve not felt like it’s gotten toxic. There’s still plenty of support being shown for the team - it feels possible to want to support the team but also want to see some possibility of an upturn.

First sign of toxicity is creeping in with the boos for MacPherson I reckon.

I genuinely think he’d struggle to get a game for Letham up the road.

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Yeah, would agree with that. Fans were a lot flatter in general on Saturday too. 

Not really one for booing myself, but ever there was a player worthy of booing it’d be him. Should never have been seen again after that free-kick at Easter Road. 

He’s 10/1 to score anytime today I’d get on that now