Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way you're losing to Thistle, The Caley or Arbroath over 2 legs by the way.

Oh I don’t know. On paper we have a more talented squad but there’s absolutely no character or personality in the team. It reflects the manager perfectly unfortunately. If whoever we play is up for it we’ll really struggle. 

19 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Arbroath spanked us all over the park that sunny day. I've got real doubts that we would match the energy they would bring to a do or die double header.

Yeah it was a total injustice we won it in the end, that was us with Kerr and McCann in the team too.

As has been pointed out before. We hadn't won in 90 mins with Kerr/McCann before they left. The signs were there that management from the opposition had worked us out. 

Probably why our best performances were away in Turkey and Austria.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way you're losing to Thistle, The Caley or Arbroath over 2 legs by the way.

Any side that can vaguely function as a team will beat us. 

Dick Campbell will already have worked out Dullidson.

21 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

That is fucking pathetic, yet again. The irony in him saying it is something personal towards Davidson is laughable. Fanny. 

That's absolutely tragic 🤡

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We'll lose the away leg 1-0 after playing for a nil nil draw.  We will then have 90 minutes to break a team down in what is, literally, a must win game.  Maybe we'll muster something sensational like a shot on target in this scenario but we aren't winning the game.  

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Have you lads seen how fucking shite the championship is this season?

Have you seen how fucking shite St Johnstone are this season?

We've had poor spells before. A terrible end/season beginning under Lomas that was turned round.

A few under Wright that he always turned round. 

But this is something else entirely.

Edited by The Saintee

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you exclude Callum Hendry and Ali Crawford, we have scored 2 goals from open play since October and one of them was a massive deflection. 

We heard it all about Killie last season and Dundee demolished them in that final. 

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If a team can score a goal and defend set plays then they're heavy favourites against us.

I'd expect Arbroath to beat us home and away tbh.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

If you exclude Callum Hendry and Ali Crawford, we have scored 2 goals from open play since October and one of them was a massive deflection. 

We heard it all about Killie last season and Dundee demolished them in that final. 

Why would you exclude them? 

Excluding Hendry, Chris Kane's total for the season is only one goal behind the whole squad's total from January onwards.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Why would you exclude them? 

To make the point that other than a couple of players, we are virtually incapable of scoring from open play. 

If you can track Crawford on the odd occasion he gets into the box and keep Hendry quiet, the job is as good as done. 

I say odd occasion regards Crawford as (shooting left to right) this was how close our attacking midfielder got to be having a touch in the box in Saturday's must-win game. 

IMG_20220502_134212.thumb.jpg.4292d958f3c2cd455f91ac6dd4c43f60.jpg

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

To make the point that other than a couple of players, we are virtually incapable of scoring from open play. 

If you can track Crawford on the odd occasion he gets into the box and keep Hendry quiet, the job is as good as done. 

I say odd occasion regards Crawford as (shooting left to right) this was how close our attacking midfielder got to be having a touch in the box in Saturday's must-win game. 

IMG_20220502_134212.thumb.jpg.4292d958f3c2cd455f91ac6dd4c43f60.jpg

All teams have their players they rely on. Take Ronan out the St Mirren team and we'd be 11th.

Definitely a problem for St Johnstone. I thought Hendry, for the most part, was ok on Saturday. Had that one chance where he should've hit the target and lacked service. He's good enough to cause problems for whoever you meet in the playoffs though. 

Edited by houston_bud

Callum surely views every players stats, it's his fucking job after all. What I want to know is why he finds this current side and their performances acceptable? Because any normal 'Manager' if something doesn't work, they fix it to make it work.

In fact why the f**k am I even typing this shite?  just go you grunting little hobbit and take your team with you.

42 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Callum surely views every players stats, it's his fucking job after all. What I want to know is why he finds this current side and their performances acceptable? Because any normal 'Manager' if something doesn't work, they fix it to make it work.

In fact why the f**k am I even typing this shite?  just go you grunting little hobbit and take your team with you.

Guaranteed he does exactly the same this Saturday too.

It's totally fucking unacceptable!!!!!

He'll be too busy on the golf course with his journalist mates moaning about how everyone else is to blame and that sticking to his philosophy is the best thing to do because a bad manager chops and changes things.

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

He'll be too busy on the golf course with his journalist mates moaning about how everyone else is to blame and that sticking to his philosophy is the best thing to do because a bad manager chops and changes things.

That sounds exactly like something Neil Lennon would say and do 

Sorry