Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If any journo is going to say something, I think it’ll be Sean Hamilton from reading his Twitter.

The only one with an ounce of credibility left. Remember him saying on the Courier podcast before Christmas about a change of shape and being instantly shot down. I like Nicholson and his articles are usually a good read but his unrelenting defence of Davidson is wild. 

The only one with an ounce of credibility left. Remember him saying on the Courier podcast before Christmas about a change of shape and being instantly shot down. I like Nicholson and his articles are usually a good read but his unrelenting defence of Davidson is wild. 

When he appeared on AVFTT he was kind of shot down by some of our fans for defending Davidson too much. For me it felt like there’s too much to say is the cause and the nature of the show means your looking for quick sound bites to debate, he went for the easiest and least controversial. But his comments on no longer enjoying visiting is probably where a fair few people are heading towards.

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Someone’s wants Malky Mackay in the job….

My fellow Saintees…sick of the overreaction from fake fans after todays result. If Davidson got his way and got Robbie Deas (championship team of the season) in we wouldn’t be in this position. Stevie Grieve knows football and we should be listening to him!! Davidson is an icon for this club and gave me some of the happiest moments of my life, and to turn on him now goes against everything we stand for at St Johnstone FC. Maybe if the personal vendettas against Callum stopped we would see some real improvement with this club #COYS 💙💙

This was a highlight - fake fans for being unsatisfied with finishing 11th at best. 🤣

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

My fellow Saintees…sick of the overreaction from fake fans after todays result. If Davidson got his way and got Robbie Deas (championship team of the season) in we wouldn’t be in this position. Stevie Grieve knows football and we should be listening to him!! Davidson is an icon for this club and gave me some of the happiest moments of my life, and to turn on him now goes against everything we stand for at St Johnstone FC. Maybe if the personal vendettas against Callum stopped we would see some real improvement with this club #COYS 💙💙

This was a highlight - fake fans for being unsatisfied with finishing 11th at best. 🤣

Also...Grieve is away anyway and clearly any issue was between Davidson and him.

Thinking about taking in the game on Wednesday the 11th  against  Aberdeen 

Is parking free ? if not best place to park for the less affluent  ?

TIA .

Edited by Vegetableman

Thinking about taking in the game on Wednesday the 11th  against  Aberdeen 
Is parking free ? if not best place to park for the less affluent  ?
TIA .

Can I interest you in parking in town and enjoying a meal at the Bee Bar?

Wrong but similar insect , you lot are giving me the fear now . [emoji846]

In all seriousness if you park up at seven acres you’ll be fine.

Reading E2's farewell post to Linfield on Instagram, it seems he's made a good impression.

I'd imagine the standard here is a step up however, reading comments like this 'you are the most gifted and talented footballer with the ball at your feet' makes you wonder, what if?!

If CD is still at the reins next year, do you think he has a future with us?

Counting up the signings last night (and it really did require counting) and it's just hard to work out how we've become a club that would sign NINETEEN players in one season. 

People talk about Stevie Grieve but IMO he would have been fully on board with about six of them and maybe saw merit in another three or four. We brought in a HoR and half of the 19 players we sign are purely on the manager. It's all so disjointed. 

Here's the list, for what it's worth:

James Brown
Reece Devine (Loan)
Hayden Muller (Loan)
Glenn Middleton (Loan)
Eetu Vertainen
Ali Crawford (Loan -> Permanent)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan -> Permanent)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan)

Efe Ambrose
Jacob Butterfield
Viv Solomon-Otabor

Dan Cleary
Tony Gallacher
Nadir Ciftci
John Mahon
Theo Bair
Tom Sang (Loan)
Melker Hallberg
Jahmal Hector-Ingram

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way you're losing to Thistle, The Caley or Arbroath over 2 legs by the way.

Tbf our record against lower league sides, over 90 minutes, under Davidson isnt very convincing. We won the first 3 in his first Betfred Group back in November 2020 (2-1 v Kelty, 7-0 v Brechin, 3-1 v Peterhead (2 penalties)) and since then failed to beat Dunfermline, Arbroath and Kelty in the opening 90 minutes.

Arbroath shouldve comfortably beat us earlier this season and I doubt we come back twice like we did in that game now.