Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

He should have gone after Kelty, but I want him gone now, as soon as possible for me, he’s had more money than any manager in 20 years, so many chances to turn it round, folk say who would replace him, anyone would do, give Liam the last 3 games, bring someone in, who could do worse, no way we can stay up automatically now but 3 games to play a different system with someone else in charge, find some kind of form to hopefully win the play off and then can decide who is the manager next year.

Sinclair

Brown - Gordon - Mahon - Cleary - Booth - Gallacher

MacPherson - Hallberg - Crawford - Gilmour - Ballantyne - Wotherspoon - Max

May - Kane - Bair - Vertainen - O'Halloran

Thats our contracted squad for next season I'm sure, 19 contracted players. Theres little room for anyone to manoeuvre next season without them, somehow, getting some of those off the books. How many of them have proven they're actually up to it aswell, 4? 5?

0ef666e377a14e91f875c0098898c49b.jpg

Trying to figure out next season without our out of contract players, and this doesn’t look like a good side at all.

Haud on, I think I’ve worked it better. Spineless bas is meant to be spineless b*****d (either one).

e920eee330af633b577e17f7822654d2.jpg

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sinclair

Brown - Gordon - Mahon - Cleary - Booth - Gallacher

MacPherson - Hallberg - Crawford - Gilmour - Ballantyne - Wotherspoon - Max

May - Kane - Bair - Vertainen - O'Halloran

Thats our contracted squad for next season I'm sure, 19 contracted players. Theres little room for anyone to manoeuvre next season without them, somehow, getting some of those off the books. How many of them have proven they're actually up to it aswell, 4? 5?

want to pop over the road and sign young Dolzanski from Jeanfield he,s a standout every time I visit the Riverside

I'm not going to pretend like we played you off the park today or anything: it was a mediocre game between two mediocre teams. We had a bit more application and seemed to want it more.

But the lack of fight from you guys today was astonishing. I had a bit of a wobble when you had a couple set pieces in stoppage time, but it was largely comfortable. Last season, you were absolute fuckers to play against. Our games were all pretty tight but you had spirit and big game mentality.

I still think that when the dust settles, the records will show that Davidson had his best players sold and not replaced, and I think there'll be sympathy for him (from outside your fanbase) on that basis. But finishing the season with that little fight about you has to be worrying with the playoffs looming.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think there'll be sympathy for him (from outside your fanbase) on that basis.

Allan Preston has made a fortune off us selling absolute dross to Davidson, so I can't wait for his absolute meltdown over our "lack of loyalty" when Davidson is eventually punted.

Hes got one of the biggest, most expensive squads, if not the biggest most expensive squad, since we came back up over a decade ago. More money spent in one window than Tommy Wright got in his entire time in charge, and that today is what he puts out in one of our most important games of the season, with it arguably being better than our first half against Dundee last week. Anyone giving him sympathy hasn't been paying attention.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I still think that when the dust settles, the records will show that Davidson had his best players sold and not replaced, and I think there'll be sympathy for him (from outside your fanbase) on that basis. 

That sympathy would surely be misplaced considering it was a joint decision between him and the chairman to let McCann and Kerr leave. It was also Davidson’s decision to sign MacPherson as a McCann replacement, publicly describing him as a ‘better footballer’. No no, he deserves no sympathy. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

That sympathy would surely be misplaced considering it was a joint decision between him and the chairman to let McCann and Kerr leave. It was also Davidson’s decision to sign MacPherson as a McCann replacement, publicly describing him as a ‘better footballer’. No no, he deserves no sympathy. 

I didn't realise he'd said that (about Cammy) tbf. That's laughable.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm not going to pretend like we played you off the park today or anything: it was a mediocre game between two mediocre teams. We had a bit more application and seemed to want it more.

But the lack of fight from you guys today was astonishing. I had a bit of a wobble when you had a couple set pieces in stoppage time, but it was largely comfortable. Last season, you were absolute fuckers to play against. Our games were all pretty tight but you had spirit and big game mentality.

I still think that when the dust settles, the records will show that Davidson had his best players sold and not replaced, and I think there'll be sympathy for him (from outside your fanbase) on that basis. But finishing the season with that little fight about you has to be worrying with the playoffs looming.

Davidson will be more than happy to let that perception seep out into the world, but he was as responsible as anyone for the sale of those two players, and culpable for not having replacements in the door before they went. 

Davidson (and the client journalists who report on Saints) will find a new scapegoat to blame no doubt. The board, the HoR, the head of football operations, the pitch, referees and the players have all been targets at different points this season. Never the manager though. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That pitch is abysmal regardless.

It’s the same for both teams though, same with the referees. A convenient cover for a manager who’s so far out of his depth that he’s hit the bottom of the ocean. 

He appears to arrogantly believe there's a superstar in there that he can coach out of him.

He hit a free kick and a corner today that were in fairness to him not bad.

It’s still nowhere near worth the moves we made to sign the c**t. Get him binned asap and on his way to the seaside leagues.

LINEUP111651387263587.thumb.png.c440cb6e286582d2d1366770101c8ab6.png

Early morning baby feed mind has this as my thoughts for next season, just now. With the caveat that we've still no idea how Mahon will get on for us.

Punt: MacPherson, Crawford, MOH and May

Loan to Championship (if we stay up): Gilmour, Ballantyne, Max, Bair

The new manager can make a judgement call on Vertainens future but I think he deserves a chance. Ballantyne maybe needs to step up now too but ideally Montrose are in the Championship next season. Maybe even depend on how fucked Wotherspoon is.

New DM has to be defensively sound and comfortable in possession, we need pace on the wings, and a striker who can actually link with those around him. We've probably already lost out on those who you'd consider perfect signings though, seeing as most normal clubs start making moves in February for their Summer signings.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Genuinely feel the club have nothing to lose now in parting with him immediately.

We could lose the next three or five games and would still be in a better place than we are right now with the prospect of Callum Davidson leading us next season.

Start moving the club forward today, not in a month's time.